• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thinkin of gettin a cat

Here they are:
Auto & Dax (Dax for Polydactyl):
Auto (3 years)

Dax: (4-5 months)
IMG_0121.JPG

Ha! I named one of my cats Dax too... although after the lead singer of Acid Bath, Dax Riggs. I put a bat costume on him for Halloween:
Picture013.jpg

Note to OP: not all cats will wear costumes.
Also, if you haven't already, you must take notice of: www.icanhascheezburger.com

Go to a shelter... find a hilarious cat.

Good luck

I've got one thats a mixed breed and quite honestly, I couldn't ask for a better pet. I would much rather have a dog, I have always liked dogs a bit better, but cats are way less maintenance in my opinion. Mine is fairly close to a Russian Blue but still just a good old Mutt breed. She behaves about how I want her to, and we got her as a stray when she was like 5. They are definitely free willed unless you train them to be clingy, nevertheless, they are good pets overall.

ShadowSink.jpg

Thats funny! I have a cat that will only drink out of the bathroom faucet. Caught him drinking out of a toilet before too. I wonder about him.

Thats funny! I have a cat that will only drink out of the bathroom faucet. Caught him drinking out of a toilet before too. I wonder about him.
Both of my little sob's drink from the toilet if I dont put down the lid. My black one is the one I worry about, he will only drink water by putting his paw into the water and then licking his paw.

Sure and then I will say
"Vixen, go and get Zack, yeah that one going after your brother and sister!"

I had two cats for 23 years. When other neighborhood cats would come around to fight out in the front garden we'd open the door and let my 100 lb. black lab out. He loved to run them off, but had too much respect for their claws to actually try and catch one. He'd hear those cats squaring off outside and head for the door. We'd say, "Zack, get that kitty" and open the door.

I had two cats for 23 years. When other neighborhood cats would come around to fight out in the front garden we'd open the door and let my 100 lb. black lab out. He loved to run them off, but had too much respect for their claws to actually try and catch one. He'd hear those cats squaring off outside and head for the door. We'd say, "Zack, get that kitty" and open the door.

Hows he do against a 130lb Boxer/Pitbull mix? Aka Vixen

Just fine, he'd make friends with everyone especially other dogs.

Ol' Zack passed on a couple of years ago. He was a great dog. He was a good hunting companion and retriever, a great watch dog and a well behaved and loyal pet. Like I said, he never hurt a cat, I wouldn't let him out if he did. I don't go for hurting anyone's pets. Man, he sure liked to chase 'em though. He would give them a hell of a workout too. They would practically fly over those fences.

Ahahah, man, cat's are ninja's. GET A BELL ON THEIR COLLAR! thats the only way I know I am gonna get jumped, I hear the bells comin.

Just fine, he'd make friends with everyone especially other dogs.

Ol' Zack passed on a couple of years ago. He was a great dog. He was a good hunting companion and retriever, a great watch dog and a well behaved and loyal pet. Like I said, he never hurt a cat, I wouldn't let him out if he did. I don't go for hurting anyone's pets. Man, he sure liked to chase 'em though. He would give them a hell of a workout too. They would practically fly over those fences.

yeah that is the best, when you see a cat and a dog just having plain ole fun with eachother. Just for clarification I do not condon(sp?) fighting animals. Sorry for the loss. i know how it is to loose a beloved friend.

my maine coon kicks the ever loving crap outta my sisters stupid lil chihuahua. but that lil dog keeps coming back for more.

however when it comes around to my 60lb queensland heeler they get along great, they dont really bother each other. there have been times tho when the cat will lay with the big dog, which is cute.

she is affectionate. i love this cat...id get another.

yeah that is the best, when you see a cat and a dog just having plain ole fun with eachother. Just for clarification I do not condon(sp?) fighting animals. Sorry for the loss. i know how it is to loose a beloved friend.

Thanks for the sentiment, he was the best.

About that "plain ol' fun together" statement, I'm not sure how much fun the cats were having, but Zack was having a blast. :laugh3:

...and BTW, condone has an e on the end. ...also, it's lose, not loose. (cat owners :looney:)

Thanks for the sentiment, he was the best.

About that "plain ol' fun together" statement, I'm not sure how much fun the cats were having, but Zack was having a blast. :laugh3:

...and BTW, condone has an e on the end. ...also, it's lose, not loose. (cat owners :looney:)
haha funny! It has been a long slow day at work! I am loosing my mind

Get a Maine Coon, those cats get VERY big.

i have a 9 yr old maine coon i caught in the woods as a kitten and she's still tiny.......but the hairiest pussy i've ever seen :laugh3:

doug

My wife and I have four. They are yours mine and ours cats. I had one, she had two, and we got one together...beats the hell out of kids LOL.

Two of them expect treats when i get home. Its a little annoying but they like the cheapest treats in the world...ICE. Put about 8 ice cubes in the water fountain and they are happy as hell. Side effect is if you want to get ice and not get bugged by the cats you have to run the water while you get it lol.

All four however are defective, I have never seen a cat that doesn't chase a laser dot but all four of ours don't give a shit. They will look at it...paw at it but not get up and chase it. I have seen friends cats that will chase a laser dot until they can't breath anymore.

Both of my little sob's drink from the toilet if I dont put down the lid. My black one is the one I worry about, he will only drink water by putting his paw into the water and then licking his paw.

We have one cat that started doing that, now they all do it, go figure. We just 'refreshed' all 4 litter boxes this morning, while it is a PinmyA to have 6 of them I tolerate it knowing that 3 and the dog are going to move out eventually when the daughter does. Freezing my ass of outside power washing the boxes is NOT my idea of a good morning start.
As for water, heck, one of ours jumps in the shower every time I take one, he loves the freaking water. The other 5 are just voyers, they like to sit and watch.

Get yourself a laser pointer, thats good for hours of fun, like having a remote controlled cat....run it along the floor and then climb a wall with it, amazing how high they can jump, cept one of ours suffers target fixation and usually just runs into the wall at full speed.

well, idk much about cats. I've got a black and white, she looks like she's wearing a tuxedo. born in a barn.

good cat, she's very independent unless she wants to be pet.

as far as different kinds of cats; to me, a cat is a cat.

Back