• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things to bring along?

87manche said:
Does anyone have a SWR meter they can bring? I'm getting my CB this week, I'd like to have it properly tuned. I'll bring my Slimjim in case anyone forgets to bring they're extra keys. I have a penchant for locking mine in the truck anyway.
How much is the Badlands flag and what do I need to mount it? I was going to put a bracket on the rear bumper for it, 1/2 hole?

Flags are $5 and they need a hole for a 1/2" bolt. A 9/16"-5/8" will work.

Dirk Pitt said:
Flags are $5 and they need a hole for a 1/2" bolt. A 9/16"-5/8" will work.
Thank you sir, I'll make sure I have a bracket on the bumper for it.

I thought the flag was $5 and it was extra if you needed the pole also. I could be wrong, but it's good to be prepared for stupid expenses. I always just zip tie the flag to my cb antennae.

OneTonXJ said:
I thought the flag was $5 and it was extra if you needed the pole also. I could be wrong, but it's good to be prepared for stupid expenses. I always just zip tie the flag to my cb antennae.

Maybe it was $10 for the flag and the pole. I know it wasn't any more than that though.

I have since cut off the part with the stud and tape or zip tie it to the radio antenna.

the flags are $5 for just the flag no pole, you zip tie it to something like the cb antenna. $10 for a 6' flag and $15 for a 7' flag w/ badlands logo

I put the flag on my stock radio antenna.

it doesn't have to be 'a flag', you just need something orange above the roof line of your jeep

go to your local lumber yard and get one for free.

Rev Den said:
I will bring an SWR meter.

Rev

and I keep mine under my back seat if Rev forgets his.

Also, if I can find it I have an extra plug, and play unit running a 2' magneted steel whip that I'll let anyone use if needed.

Last edited:
What about a bike flag that you can get at Target/Walmart? I've used that in the past but haven't been out there in 3 years either. Unless they are MAKING you buy theirs???

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but if you can, bring along some coveralls (insulated or not), gloves, a coat with a hood, and insulated rubber boots. I guarantee you be much more comfortable around the fire.

Les

PS: Some of those packages of hand warmers are really nice for those that are cold natured (like me).

So is it worth it to bring the generator along? Will the campground electric hookups be able to run my Hobart 125? If so than I won't bring the generator.

Kim.

It's hard tellin' if their hookups are 15amp or 20 amp. I think it's going to be your call on the generator or not. If space is super tight, don't worry about it.

OneTonXJ said:
It's hard tellin' if their hookups are 15amp or 20 amp. I think it's going to be your call on the generator or not. If space is super tight, don't worry about it.

Ok, I don't think that I will be bringing the generator. I have a bunch of oil to bring now. My garage runs off of one 20 amp and I can run my welder while having all other things in the garage on too. So those electric hookups should be enough.

Kim.

Back