• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The worst possible sound.......

Incoming mortars

The "psst splat" sound created when chunks of flesh hit you in the face.

I got my hand caught in a wire wheel. Its lousy to get something in your eye, but its worse when its a chunk of your thumb.

Got a piece of finger thrown into my mouth one time from a cut off wheel...tasted like chicken.

Ramsey said:
Got a piece of finger thrown into my mouth one time from a cut off wheel...tasted like chicken.

I always suspected you'd be the type to swallow.

I just let it sit in my mouth til it went soft...

The sound of gas flowing through the pump hose knowing that its flowing into my Jeep which I just filled a few days ago! Them's some real problems!

:D

the sound of my xj popping into nuetral while underneath it, while it was parked on the side of a hill while wheelin. I rolled out in time, had the front tire run over my foot and ankle my girlfriend threw open the door so i could get in to stop it but the door hit me in the face. chased it for a few seconds got in and stopped it right before it plummented of the side of a cliff.

o and i almost forgot the sound of a chainsaw hitting a hard knot in a tree and shooting out the the tree and cutting into my leg twice just above the knee cap. went in about a half inch each and stopped right before the muscle.

poorboy_616 said:
I hear ya there on the spuose that won't shut up!!

and....I would rather here a motor toss a rod....
if i could i would rather have my EX-Wife toss my rod AND keep quiet while doing it!!!!, aint gona happen but it would be nice LOL!!!!!!!!!! :laugh3: :twak: ( sorry, i had to go there )

Well this goes waaay back.
I was parking at a small abandoned airstrip.
About 20 min later I heard:

The sound of a police flash light rapping on the foggy rear window of my car,

and then shining on my big white a..:moon:

I got the recommendation to park there from my college roommate.
Then I later found out that it was a "well known" parking spot to the local police.
My roommate couldn't stop laughing when I told him that I got busted!

Last edited:
Ummm............Fran Drescher!

razdrvr said:
Incoming mortars

+1. Been there done that. Or maybe the sound of incoming sniper fire, or that fire hitting your body armor back plate.

Another horrible sound was the total silence from when I flopped my XJ and crushed my hand

Anybody ever stall out a 1hp bench grinder with their finger? Boy does that make a funny sound. My finger got sucked into the wire wheel side about a year ago and i've still got a big lump of scar tissue in there.

~Alex

The dentist filing on my jawbone. No matter what I file on today (15 years later), the first couple strokes are a little tough...

The sound of half a zipper going up, a grunt, then heavy panting, has to be the worst, just before the scream.

the scream of my wife as her 99 dodge intrepeds jack fails as in trying to set up the stands. the rotor cam down and took half an inch from my thumb.

yes cars fall in slow motion.

both her and i are Marines and i have NEVER heard that sound some out her face, even during child birth.......

The very worst sound I EVER heard......(The shoulder incident is a VERY close second)

At 3:30 AM, three hours after I went to sleep after a double shift at NAPA.....inches from my head (3 year old daughter)....."Daddy?? can I watch my cartoons please??"

Grrr..........:gonnablow :loveu:

Back