• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Volvo Limited Slip

Just so no one is deterred from doing so, but having a limited slip in front while using full time 4wd on a 242 is perfectly fine on any surface.

Interesting find. What gear ratios is the carrier compatible with? Stock 3.55 and down or the lower 3.73 and up gears?

I work for Volvo. Pretty funny.some of the other cars have dana44 copy cats under them too lol

Just so no one is deterred from doing so, but having a limited slip in front while using full time 4wd on a 242 is perfectly fine on any surface.

It may understeer (push) a touch with fresh clutches but is far from really being noticeable unless at 8+/10ths - at least on public roads. Far from concerning in any environment. You might notice it on very wet/icy roads more but it's easy to adapt to. Joy of RWD bias will fix that right up (NV242 torque split is 52/48 IIRC).

If it really bugged you it could be tuned out with anti-roll bar selection.

But we are now near the tunnel of technical driving versus public road driving.

Posting so i can find this and watch the videos on my lunch.

We finished our latest and final video for the volvo diff swap. If you haven't seen the others, definitely check them out first. Good info.

Many videos to come, so like subscribe or something. :cheers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cn-CKMHROU

Definitely see it kicking in. Maybe you can illustrate it better in a standalone video with one tire on pavement and the other in mud or something.

Love the name of your YouTube channel. I remember those enlisted days. If you ever get out towards Alabama we will have to ride.

Definitely see it kicking in. Maybe you can illustrate it better in a standalone video with one tire on pavement and the other in mud or something.

Love the name of your YouTube channel. I remember those enlisted days. If you ever get out towards Alabama we will have to ride.

I completely agree. We thought about it, but we don't really have a spot to do that at and we were already planned on going that trip.

I like to drive home to Kansas City every once and awhile and have always wanted to hit a few trails with people along the way. Never really knew anyone lol.

What branch were you in?

Last edited:
Very good tech Jarhead. Next time I'm in J'ville we'll have to grab a beer.

Very good tech Jarhead. Next time I'm in J'ville we'll have to grab a beer.

Oh I'm no jarhead lol I'm a corpsman but my other half is. Sounds good though!

Nice video showing the torsen diff responding to torque imbalance

Thanks! I'm really upset we didn't get more video of it. There some very technical situations in which you could see its behavior. In fact I thought I was recording when I really wasn't :doh: So pissed I miss such a beautiful shot lol.

I completely agree. We thought about it, but we don't really have a spot to do that at and we were already planned on going that trip.

I like to drive home to Kansas City every once and awhile and have always wanted to hit a few trails with people along the way. Never really knew anyone lol.

What branch were you in?

I'm in the Army. Was enlisted 8 years then went to the dark side about 5 years ago, so 13 years and going.

I'm in the Army. Was enlisted 8 years then went to the dark side about 5 years ago, so 13 years and going.

Ah good for you. I've thought about it, but I'm probably gonna get a degree and decide whether I stay or go from there.

Back