• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The new XJ.

Got the mustang registered with the HCS registery today. Learned a thing or two about the mustang and some of the past owners. Bob the guy that runs it is a great guy and knows a ton about these cars.

so share the history -- some of us are living vicariously...

Nothing cool really. It seems to have been around pueblo and the springs it's entire life. As far as I can tell and what Bob told me we think I am the 4th or 5th owner. Bob actually has seen my car and remembers seeing it back in 97-98 in a car show in pueblo. He is going to try and hunt down what dealer this car was actually sold at.

So...... what was so special about the HCS? Looks like it was a 6 cyl car with 4-lug wheels..... :dunno: Sure, it's rare and all - I get that. Just wondering if it's just a badge on the fenders or?

Edit: Oops, missed the link Joe posted so I did some reading. I guess the HCS's could have been anything from a stripped down 6 cyl to a GT car (if I'm reading the info correctly), but all cars were ordered in just 3 colors. So, what I'm reading is that there were 666 (yikes) HCS badges made up for these cars and all sent to Colorado Dealers as limited editions.

Interesting.

Last edited:
Nothing really special. Special paint colors, fender emblem and low production numbers. Just an appearance package you could say. Also the first special edition mustang. Ford dealers came up with it to help boost sales in the Denver district. This one is a 6cyl but they came with all drivetrain options.

oh yes, cooler. I met my sister for Breakfast over the weekend at the B&B Cafe in Castle Rock... unbeknownst to me, they were having a big old car show downtown (Wilcox was closed for 5 blocks). I sat for a while in a '66 Shelby GT350... someday man... that smell got to me again!

It's just a matter of time before you can't take it any longer and have to have one. Going to try and make the mustang round up next year in steamboat springs. Always wanted to go but now I have something worth taking.

Its actually a matter of money more than time :D

I don't have the funds for a smokin deal even, unfortunately. It will eventually be a 65 or 66 fastback. Options won't matter, since it'll be restomodded anyways, but it can't be "special" because then I'll feel obligated to restore instead. That white 65 I posted earlier in the thread would be about perfect for me -- IF I had $16k :cry:

Caught a glimpse of the Stang driving by tonite, looks pretty good, sounds good too. I really need to get my Nova running. Why is is it the coolest project you have is the one you never work on??

Back