• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Bill, how strict are you guys going to be about a front recovery point if I'm only running greens/blues at NACfest?

Bill, how strict are you guys going to be about a front recovery point if I'm only running greens/blues at NACfest?

For you? A fairy loop held on with off brand duct tape and your special white sauce is fine with me.

For you? A fairy loop held on with off brand duct tape and your special white sauce is fine with me.

I don't know what a fairy loop is, but I'm sure I have one somewhere. Geez I just hope it matches my nails that day...

I don't know what a fairy loop is, but I'm sure I have one somewhere. Geez I just hope it matches my nails that day...

Looks like google doesn't either...

It is (at least I thought) a term many of us locals use for the dumb recovery hooks (generally red and 6" behind the bumper) that ricers put on their cars right next to the fart can muffler to try to look like they have a rally car that is nothing more than a stock WRX or Saturn.

Edit: Like this:
towhookgd1.jpg

towhooksmall2.jpg

Bill your actions tonight against Pat are unacceptable. I'm gonna have to ask that you resign from your presidential position or I will be forced to start the impeachment process.

THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Looks like google doesn't either...

It is (at least I thought) a term many of us locals use for the dumb recovery hooks (generally red and 6" behind the bumper) that ricers put on their cars right next to the fart can muffler to try to look like they have a rally car that is nothing more than a stock WRX or Saturn.

Edit: Like this:
towhookgd1.jpg

towhooksmall2.jpg

Dyno hooks, dummy. It's so their 64/whp car doesn't jump off the and kill a mosquito.

Bill your actions tonight against Pat are unacceptable. I'm gonna have to ask that you resign from your presidential position or I will be forced to start the impeachment process.
I beg of you, oh I beg of you...

Dyno hooks, dummy. It's so their 64/whp car doesn't jump off the and kill a mosquito.

I see a lot of them with "TOW ->" stickers so I thought it was for the wannabee rally crowd. Not that a crappy aluminium hook held on with 2 little bolts would do much to tow you out of an area you got stuck in a a rally but it might pull you out of the pothole at the mall.

I always thought it was for when they got high centered while going over a speed bump

there's some hondas in tow with big anodized tow rings.

I think the wheels and tow ring are worth more than the car most of the time.

gonna ditch my smashed droid tomorrow and get a 5s. anyone wanna talk me out of it/into another droid for some reason or other, go for it.

before we talk about the delicate-ness of the iphones... yes yes, i knowwww. I'll need to have it in a case all the time *and* not throw it really hard every time i have a few drinks. :gee:

gonna ditch my smashed droid tomorrow and get a 5s. anyone wanna talk me out of it/into another droid for some reason or other, go for it.

before we talk about the delicate-ness of the iphones... yes yes, i knowwww. I'll need to have it in a case all the time *and* not throw it really hard every time i have a few drinks. :gee:

the 5/5s is way stronger than the 4/4s.

anyway, you DO need tow points if you do rallyx or go to (certain) tracks and some rules require markings.... not that many of those dudes track their cars anyway. i got yelled at by one guy at the track in my subie for saying my factory tie-downs were good enough for tow points and i should have had "better" ones, but another marshall told me i was fine.

Back