• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Torpedojp2 is a welding and differential lubrication MASTER

And should really finish a jeep enough to wheel it because dammit I want to wheel with him sometime this decade in something other than maegens jeep... I miss the old beater jeep driving billy.

400-450ish RWHP, T56 6spd, 4.10's, plain jane street tires for now, getting a 4 link rear. Everything I see says it should be fine, I'd toss alloys in it too. 4th gen F-body discs, good posi, etc. I just wanna abuse it and not worry.

Discs are a good way to keep the axles in without changing ends or going to c clip eliminators. The thing with your setup is the stick obviously, that''ll be harsh on any rear end. In a street car or even mild strip car I've never seen anyone break a 8.5 pinion, or really even damage the teeth, its usually a stock carrier or axle. After a good posi, gears, and axles plus bearings and what not, you will be into it for 1100-1300 easy. If you could find a good 9 inch housing thats the right width and just chuck a good third member in it that wouldn't be a bad idea either. A friend of mine has a 12 bolt in his camaro, c clip eliminators, 4.10s, Eaton, diff cover, and I believe axles he may sell for the right price.

Discs are a good way to keep the axles in without changing ends or going to c clip eliminators. The thing with your setup is the stick obviously, that''ll be harsh on any rear end. In a street car or even mild strip car I've never seen anyone break a 8.5 pinion, or really even damage the teeth, its usually a stock carrier or axle. After a good posi, gears, and axles plus bearings and what not, you will be into it for 1100-1300 easy. If you could find a good 9 inch housing thats the right width and just chuck a good third member in it that wouldn't be a bad idea either. A friend of mine has a 12 bolt in his camaro, c clip eliminators, 4.10s, Eaton, diff cover, and I believe axles he may sell for the right price.

Tell him to throw out a number. I need to decide what rear end I want soon cause I gotta start building the 4 link.

Ok, I finally have a minute to type this out.

Connecticut SUCKS

This is the 3rd time now I've tried to by something from a dealer in CT and they've ended up being nothing more than transplants from NJ whose idea of quality is far from any of ours.

I'm shopping for a new lawn mower since I figured I could probably get a good deal on a leftover unit given that is it off season and the new ones will be arriving at the dealers in a couple months. So I started calling around, found a dealer in CT that had exactly what I wanted for a good price. Well long story short, we went and looked at the leftover and was very prepared to buy, cash on hand and trailer in tow. That's when CT folk kicked in.. the sales guy was very misleading on the phone to say the least.
It was not a 2012/13 leftover it was a 2009 leftover and looks like it was the parts donor for others. Ripped used seat, scratches all over the hood down to the metal, dents next to the trans neutral pull like it was rear-ended, throttle linkage all gummed up and stuck and almost 70 hours on the clock. The guy even had the gall to say "Well I told you the price what did you think you were getting? I'm selling it as new so the warranty starts today." Certainly not new and certainly not worth the cost of a new unit or only $500 off MSRP. We drove 2.5 hours one way with the trailer down to CT for nothing.

So I called up the dealer from Northern VT we've got a few other things from. Now we're only in there maybe 2 or 3 times a year buying filters or parts or whatever. Right when I said my name knew exactly who I was (or at least sounded like he did. Told him what I was looking for, he told me what he had and gave me a better price then he goes "Oh sure, I'll hold it for you, no worry about a deposit. Come get it when if want, it is all tucked away for the winter in the warehouse safe and sound napping with the Sea-Doos". Just generally better people.

My only hold up is the model he has has all this electro-gimzo gimmicky crap on it that it not needed on a lawn mower. :(

/Disclaimer: I am just there is maybe a few people from CT that don't suck, but it seems like the vast majority do!

Last edited:

Try the DMV in CT, I spent probably close to 10 hours trying to get a vehicle registered there, then they proceeded to lose the title for 8 months.

Back