• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

That's the same debate I've been having with myself. Do I really want the cordless functionality and could I deal with loss of power or something.

No way to know since I don't know anyone with the Li-ion powered stuff. I used Scott's Ryobi Li-ion 1/2" impact to replace the leaf spring in my MJ at Rocktoberfest. That thing whooped ass. I was so surprised.

Unless you actually *need* the functionality of a cordless sawzall, I'd just spend the same amount on a corded one and get a beefier saw. Battery life generally brings the suck.

I don't know if they changed it or not but in the past I've had shitty luck with that lever action blade release on the Dewalt saws. Sucks when the rest of the saw far outlasts the blade holder.

Dewalt sawzalls suck, blast through ridged and dewalts but even the cheapest Milwaukee holds up to everyday use for a solid year or longer. Best sawzall I've ever used is the ryobi cordless but it only lasts 3 days before the gears strip out.

That's the same debate I've been having with myself. Do I really want the cordless functionality and could I deal with loss of power or something.

No way to know since I don't know anyone with the Li-ion powered stuff. I used Scott's Ryobi Li-ion 1/2" impact to replace the leaf spring in my MJ at Rocktoberfest. That thing whooped ass. I was so surprised.

I have this Li-ion set:

3de406b3-175b-4fb5-9c58-61fcbd15cc64_1000.jpg

****in fantastic. I've broken and stripped more shit with that dumb 1/4" impact before realizing how torquey it actually is. I looked at all the cordless sets and though I liked certain stuff from each of the manufacturers, I liked the Ridgid line overall the best.

I only have the circular saw from that kit, not the sawzall, but my dad has the Ryobi Li-ion one and it's not impressive. I don't know when I'd really ever need a sawzall when I didn't have a stationary power source available.

Dewalt sawzalls suck, blast through ridged and dewalts but even the cheapest Milwaukee holds up to everyday use for a solid year or longer. Best sawzall I've ever used is the ryobi cordless but it only lasts 3 days before the gears strip out.

^^ I have the standard Milwaukee one and it's held up great; at my friend's shop we have an older version of it that I bought when I first built the radius arms for my XJ and it's still going strong too. I'd recommend that over anything, corded or cordless.

well you can use the battery pack with dewalts heated jackets
http://dewalt.com/tools/cordless-work-gear-heated-jackets-dchj062b.aspx

My Milwaukee angle grinder and chopsaw have taken a beating the past few years on my MJ fab work so I do love their stuff. Maybe I'll just get the Milwaukee corded one.

And Sheep, I should buy that so when Pat starts crying next weekend I can cover him with a warm jacket and keep his bottle warm.

I have no problems with any of my Ryobi stuff.. and their 1/2" impact is awesome. Also just got some 4a/h batteries for them.

My Milwaukee angle grinder and chopsaw have taken a beating the past few years on my MJ fab work so I do love their stuff. Maybe I'll just get the Milwaukee corded one.

And Sheep, I should buy that so when Pat starts crying next weekend I can cover him with a warm jacket and keep his bottle warm.
i am a fan of my corded milwaukee makes short work of things and holds up to being draggd around like a dog toy being dragged by a toddler

you have made me even more sad im going to miss the after party at pizzafest

THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Wtf this distributer only goes one way or the other right? I tried it one way and it wouldn't fire and flipped it around and it just cranks and cranks

Wtf this distributer only goes one way or the other right? I tried it one way and it wouldn't fire and flipped it around and it just cranks and cranks

May have to reindex it

put the motor w/ #1 at TDC on compression stroke - align timing mark
turn the oil pump drive to slightly before 11 o'clock with a screwdriver (looking at the side of the engine)
Then take the cover off the inside of the distributor and find the alignment holes. The 4.0 hole is the one furthest to the right if the holes are closest to the passenger fender.
Drop a pin in the alignment hole.
Align distributor ear over the bole in the block
Turn rotor to 4 o'clock
Drop the distributor in and as long as it drops right in, it is perfectly lined up. Rotor should end up at 5 o'clock position
Pull out the pin, hook everything back up and you're good to go.

Here's the FSM pages for it
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30381559/Jeep/XJ_Dist_Align.pdf

THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Werd thanks. I just came inside to open up my FSM. Ill index it tomorrow, figured I'd try the grab and go method since I got home from work a little early lol

I always dropped a straw into the head to watch for TDC

Ahhh you're the best dad ever!

Wanna come into my place in Brighton after? A couple people are going to come in and get crunk.

I put a new belt and idler pulley on the Dirtymax in the parking lot of the town post office today after work. Only had to drive to Taunton to get the pulley, good times. Although I did also accomplish getting the Nova moved over to my garage as well.

if you havent seen Rush w chris hemsworth whatever stop what you are doing and watch it. easily the best racing movie ever made.
it aint out yet, ive herd nothing but great about it

I bought this combo set

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-2...l-Impact-Combo-Kit-2-Tool-DCK290L2/202922445#

And I had the choice of a free $100 battery or a cordless grinder or skill saw. I chose the grinder because I figured it'd be better for all the B&E's I do. I guess that hammerdrill is Dewalts "premium" line with an all metal transmission and whatnot. Even that little impact gun kicks ass though.

Cordless grinder is quite literally the best thing ever if you need to pull a d60 at the junkyard.

I can walk in with a utility knife, a pair of wrenches for the shock bolts, my cordless angle grinder, a 12mm gearwrench, and my high lift and drag the axle out from under the van it came from 20 minutes later.

I bought this combo set

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-2...l-Impact-Combo-Kit-2-Tool-DCK290L2/202922445#

And I had the choice of a free $100 battery or a cordless grinder or skill saw. I chose the grinder because I figured it'd be better for all the B&E's I do. I guess that hammerdrill is Dewalts "premium" line with an all metal transmission and whatnot. Even that little impact gun kicks ass though.

i have the 1.5 kit colin linked... its badass. i feel like i never charge it. for anything that cuts though, milwaukee all the way.

Back