• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Stove thread

Good news for my jeep installed new to me spartan rear locker and painted my diff cover purple was gonna do front but ran out of diff fluid....bad news its falling apart (the whole jeep)

not pictured is rear wheel arches starting to rust out and holes in floorboards and trunk floor and cracks where tranny tunnel meets trunk floor, also rear t-case yoke has up and down slop, rear brakes are shot, steering is sloppy, trailer hitch is bent and cracking/ rusting out cant keep up

I ordered (and paid) for Clayton 4.5" leaf springs and got back ordered till the middle of May. I regret my decision and wish I was doing links now. I also have a JD bender with 1-5/8" 180* die sitting idle at the moment and won't be needed (except a pair of shock hoops) till the fall.

I gave them a call earlier and they said that the guys who make their springs were just waiting on a shipment of steel which should be there by tomorrow. Think i'll wait it out but thanks for the heads up.

My girlfriend lives in Moretown so if I'm coming through VT any time soon I might take you up on that offer, not sure if you remember me but I think we rode at Highland with Matt Green a couple years back. He and I were coaches at Coyote Hill the camps that Tom Masterson runs and I got to ride a couple of your frames while he was riding for sinister and I think FTW. Always loved your work and can't wait to see more of what you do to your xj, got so excited when I realized who's it was!

That looks like the rust on my first one. It was bad.

So, WTF, they are making 4 stroke weedwackers now? I feel like we just went over this recently but it's still confusing.

So, just get the 2 stroke?

That looks like the rust on my first one. It was bad.

So, WTF, they are making 4 stroke weedwackers now? I feel like we just went over this recently but it's still confusing.

Shit, my Ryobi weedwacker is like 10 years old and 4-stroke.

I like it a lot, it doesn't rev fast but it'll chew through anything where my 2-stroke RedMax bogs down a lot easier. Very noticeable difference.

Also nice not having to worry about keeping/maintaining a mix gas can or having 2-stroke oil on hand. My leaf blower, lawn tractor, and power washer are all 4-stroke so having the 4-stroke weedwacker is really convenient.

I foresee lots of chainsaw use so having 2 stroke mixed on hand doesn't bother me. It did cross my mind tho.

Need a power washer too...

Considering skipping the weed whacker in favor of a small used mower for edging. We're not really lawn people (yet).

I foresee lots of chainsaw use so having 2 stroke mixed on hand doesn't bother me. It did cross my mind tho.

Need a power washer too...

Considering skipping the weed whacker in favor of a small used mower for edging. We're not really lawn people (yet).

Still can't get up next to the foundation, buildings, fences, etc with a mower. You'' get close but there will always be that long stuff right up against it without a trimmer.

I bought a nice edge trimmer last year with some gift cards. Used it twice. We don't really have much stuff to trim around other than the foundation.

2 stroke is fine to me. I already have the chainsaw and snowblower to deal with and I just use the same mix for all of them. If I had nothing but 4 stroke I could see the benefit to a 4 stroke trimmer.

I'm not much of a lawn person but that may change after this weekend since we're starting to do all the Scott's stuff.

Locrite is a little outta spec and needs an extra thrust washer shim. Looks like a little water got into the DS wheel bearing, looks like shit in there but still spun smooth. Gunna redo the front brake lines too, probably warentee all new calipers and bleed the whole system again.

Locrite is a little outta spec and needs an extra thrust washer shim. Looks like a little water got into the DS wheel bearing, looks like shit in there but still spun smooth. Gunna redo the front brake lines too, probably warentee all new calipers and bleed the whole system again.

What happened to the Ross I knew and loved that totally ignored his Jeep???

K I'm confused. Cant get a good bead going with the new welder and cant figure out why. It looks decent but is way to fat no matter what settings and doesnt seem like its getting the penetration it should even on full voltage. My dryer outlets a 4 prong 220 with a 30a breaker, the welder has the 3 prong 50a male plug and says 30-180a, had to make an extension cord that adapted the 3 prong to 4 prong and double checked everything. Ran out of gas but had the gas around 20 cfh until I ran out, but after playing with all the settings still couldnt get a nice flat weld, and didnt seem like it was penetrating between the 2 plates. Any ideas?

Back