• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

I love the way your truck looks Rich, some nice subtle upgrades to set it apart without it being too gaudy like some bro truck. I've heard the 6.4 only gets something around 12-14 even without a load, is that what you average?

So there's a howling in my truck.

Only while coasting, in gear, and it starts going away (or just being too high of a pitch for me to hear) around 50-60 mph.

Push in the clutch, noise is gone. Put the trans in neutral, noise is gone. Doesn't matter what gear I'm in.

Wondering if the cracked 5th gear housing is putting a load on the output bearing on the transmission.

Outer pinion bearing in the rear, or carrier bearing?

Check the yoke next time you're under it.

I love the way your truck looks Rich, some nice subtle upgrades to set it apart without it being too gaudy like some bro truck. I've heard the 6.4 only gets something around 12-14 even without a load, is that what you average?

Bro truck or no truck!!!

My bosses 6.4 gets about that unloaded.

(Insert comment about my old school 12v being better then any new truck here)

:D

Colin, here's that medicine cabinet box I was talking about:
Still needs some finish and a few coats of urethane but not bad for a few hours in the shop.
Bunch more to go! I love doing stuff like this.

Medicine_Cabinet_Boc.jpg

Awesome. Looks sweet. I don't think I own that many clamps of any kind lol.

Pinion seal is blown out. Pinion bearings must be gone. Probably worth doing all the bearings at this point. Figures

Bill is going to have a melt down once his house is finished and he has nothing left to build.

That is a lot of medicine by the way.

(looks great Bill)

The noise started off as a dry squeaking noise every time the clutch was depressed, and the dealership I bought it from (getting a free inspection before my non-powertrain warranty expired) said the throwout bearing was dry on the shaft. He was astonished when I told him that tranny had been out twice, and two gears had been replaced. It is now inconsistent, and there is a bearing noise in neutral that disappears when I put any pressure on the clutch (also inconsistent).

No standing on the clutch at lights, I'm in neutral.

I am assuming your Honda is a Civic... They had issues with the clutch master cylinders making a squeaking noise.

http://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/e/files/tsb/a02-002.pdf

I used to work as a a service advisor at a Honda dealer, and I've seen it all. The noise in neutral would definitely indicate something else internal, but the squeak is probably master related.

Can't wait to take an upper decker in your toliet Bill

I am assuming your Honda is a Civic... They had issues with the clutch master cylinders making a squeaking noise.

http://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/e/files/tsb/a02-002.pdf

I used to work as a a service advisor at a Honda dealer, and I've seen it all. The noise in neutral would definitely indicate something else internal, but the squeak is probably master related.
'11 Accord coupe v6.

I went to them saying the master cylinder was making the noise, they said it was the throwout bearing inside the transmission, and to get to it I would need to have the transmission removed, and it would be pointless to not replace the clutch at that point, aka $1,400.

But that is good to know, thanks! That bulletin describes the exact issue I was experiencing. I know it talks about 2004 models, but that is how I had my 3rd gear replaced. I brought them TSB on the synchro issue for the '07 accord and civic SI's, the guy was like "ya but that is an older car" the tech confirmed it was popping out/grinding, and they replaced it. They then couldn't shift into reverse, so they pulled it again and replaced that for me too.

Last edited:

Rich has those sweet bling moto wheels. :shhh:

Bill is going to have a melt down once his house is finished and he has nothing left to build.

That is a lot of medicine by the way.

(looks great Bill)
Nah, the house projects will never end.
Inside measures 12 3/8" by 34 3/4"
Thanks.
That looks awesome Bill, can't wait to see it finished.
Thanks. It'll be several days before I can get it hung after the dry/sand/dry/sand times of the urethane and I haven't even stained it yet.
Can't wait to take an upper decker in your toliet Bill
Ha! You get to clean it with nothing more than your mouth then.
Then he'll just build a muscle car :thumbup:

Money pits are awesome!!
Exactly.

Depends on the pit.
You might see it finished in pictures, i'm sure Bill's house is far too nice for you to show up and vomit everywhere.
This, but Pat can't always be like that. ;)
I would never assume that I would be invited there, let's be serious.
Ouch. Harsh dude. That hurt on my end.

Pinion nut on the D80 needs to be torqued to 500 ft lbs :shocked:

Good thing long time family friend works on huge diesel shit. Snap on torque multiplier FTW.

Pinion nut on the D80 needs to be torqued to 500 ft lbs :shocked:

Good thing long time family friend works on huge diesel shit. Snap on torque multiplier FTW.

Gunna strip another pinion Mr Master Gear Guy?

:D

This, but Pat can't always be like that. ;)
Ouch. Harsh dude. That hurt on my end.

Aww come on Bill I was just joking, I know you'd let me come over if all the booze was locked up and I had proper supervision :D

And I can actually behave sometimes, as unbelievable as that may be.

Back