• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

rob wins the best picture award. idk what obstacle it is, but it was friday and i have no other rigs in the spot. it was when we went out with scott in the afternoon... lighting is PERFECT.

your'e welcome.

which?

facebook sucks.

facebook pic
1380792_10200743271048475_989581240_n.jpg

flickr pic
10414029753_e35f93405a_b.jpg

yo dizzle guys(Colin, Travis, Bill, Sheep) what treatment do you guys run it the winter for the fuel if any?

Just some sta-bil or cristy dry gas; whatever is on hand.

Edit: Just realized you meant for the trucks, not winter fuel stabilizer for the Jeeps. Duh.
Just the white bottle Power Service stuff and I only run it when it is staying below 20 degrees.

Last edited:

I impulse-bought a food chopper on sale at the grocery store for $7. It's getting into chili season and it seemed like that'd be a good investment. :laugh:

Melamine bonding compound (trade name SeamFil) works exactly as they say it does...fast. Too ****ing fast. No wonder they make a retardant for it. By the time I finished the second joint and went back to clean up the first, it was already cured and was a total pain in the ass to clean the excess off. Will probably end up sanding it tomorrow.

Also decided that before I spend too much time getting the siding back up around my new rear door/half bath reconfiguration, I should probably plan my deck out ahead of time and bolt its main support to the house, so I don't have to redo all the siding again once spring comes around and I can start building the deck. Pretty silly to do all the siding trim work around a door that's still floating in space on the side of the house but I don't want to spend the winter with everything exposed either.

Also found out that the "wood" stove is actually a coal stove, handmade by some dude in the Pine Barrens, and that kicks ass. Looks like I'm heating with coal this winter. Should cost me about $250 for the equivalent BTU's of 200+ gallons of heating oil, and run for 12+ hours at a time...basically dump a bucket in the morning before I leave for work, dump one later that night when I get home, and shake the ashes & clinkers out before that second fill.

/housepeopleproblems

yo dizzle guys(Colin, Travis, Bill, Sheep) what treatment do you guys run it the winter for the fuel if any?

Nothing really. I go through diesel too fast. I used to religiously use Power Service in my truck. Put some in every other tank. Then I got fed up with buying it and didn't use it. Haven't noticed any difference.

I didn't even put anything in my MJ last winter. Granted I would run it up to temp every now and then since I was tuning.

My father's truck needs front axle u-joints.

Thank god Spicer makes some.

Apparently they use 5006813 which is a 1485WJ? Weird.

If you haven't ordered yet, LMK, we can usually get most any Spicer in 2 business days as cheap as you'll find it with no shipping. :D

Don't bother, winter blend #2 has some extra gelling stuff and its just fine. My truck runs just fine and I don't go thru tanks nearly as quick as say Colin, usually two or three weeks

I always add 8oz of two stroke tcw3 oil to every tank, year round because lb7 injectors are assholes. In the winter I use the white bottle power service stuff every other tank. Haven't noticed a difference either way like Colin said but I figure it can't hurt.

Don't bother, winter blend #2 has some extra gelling stuff and its just fine. My truck runs just fine and I don't go thru tanks nearly as quick as say Colin, usually two or three weeks
The one time I risked it is the one time I had gelled fuel.
It's like an extra $0.053/gallon which hurts but not as much as loosing almost all power pulling out in the middle of intersection because of gelled fuel.
I always add 8oz of two stroke tcw3 oil to every tank, year round because lb7 injectors are assholes. In the winter I use the white bottle power service stuff every other tank. Haven't noticed a difference either way like Colin said but I figure it can't hurt.
I don't notice a difference either.

Last winter was my first and didn't do anything and it didn't have any problems. Though I did do a lit of research on the matter everyone said for lly not to and I only plugged it in when it dropped below 10 outside power the manual

Back