• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the JT???

i say build the jt and the gladiator... those who want a seperate, larger bed will go for the gladiator. those who want a 2-door utility oriented JK with more usable cargo room then the existing 2 and 4 door JKs but dont need a fullsize truck will go for the jt. sure, theres other pickups, but if jeep were to build these, and you wanted a solid axle mid-size or compact truck(s) who else builds one? this would certainly compete with Tacoma sales for those who want a (new) pickup that can do some rock crawling as well. (and theres plenty of people who do that - look at Ttora, and search for SAS)

camarors8992 said:
I don't like it either. I think I would like it if it was offered in reg, ext, and crew cabs and with the styling of the newer patriot. Also, a wider jeep would be awesome.

I like the idea of the crew cab. If Jeep were to produce a crew cab truck I would be all over it assuming its not IFS

It's not bad, but I like the look of the Brute a lot better. Maybe thats because I like the look of the TJ over the JK. Of course I really doubt that Jeep will start making a truck.

I like the classic looks of it, but I'm not sure building a truck on the TJ platform is the way to go. I'd like to see Jeep come out with a new truck model, but if they're gonna base it on an existing platform, maybe the Commander or the KJ is the way to go, something like the XJ-based Commanche. A new platform altogether would be ideal, but Jeep's flooding the market too much already IMO. If they scrapped the Compass and maybe even the Patriot (sorry, I don't like it) then I could see it, but not until then.

Evidently no one paid attention to my previous post about this. Other than some drivetrain stuff and the AEV bulls*&), this is the same long-wheelbase TJ being produced and sold overseas as the TJ-L. It's intended as a desert military Jeep. Trust me, my father-in-law is a Jeep enginerd; this is essentially the same thing with a few beautifications. All the tooling is done and in production elsewhere in the world, with the exception of the drivetrain additions and some minor cosmetic changes.
EDIT:By "cosmetic changes" I mean all the obvious AEV crap.

Last edited:
Timber said:
Evidently no one paid attention to my previous post about this. Other than some drivetrain stuff and the AEV bulls*&), this is the same long-wheelbase TJ being produced and sold overseas as the TJ-L.

One look at the thing will tell you it's based on the JK.

And ten seconds comparing the two, and you'll see that this "pickup" is just a four door JK with the back two doors sealed shut, and a half cab.

And it's ugly.

Robert

Timber said:
Evidently no one paid attention to my previous post about this. Other than some drivetrain stuff and the AEV bulls*&), this is the same long-wheelbase TJ being produced and sold overseas as the TJ-L. It's intended as a desert military Jeep. Trust me, my father-in-law is a Jeep enginerd; this is essentially the same thing with a few beautifications. All the tooling is done and in production elsewhere in the world, with the exception of the drivetrain additions and some minor cosmetic changes.
EDIT:By "cosmetic changes" I mean all the obvious AEV crap.

first of all this thing isnt even a TJ...

this is a TJL
20041203162111_tjl-uk.jpg

HeavyMetal said:
first of all this thing isnt even a TJ...

this is a TJL
20041203162111_tjl-uk.jpg
Yes, that is a TJ-L. The one linked to in the very first post, the one that was originally being discussed, isn't, but looks to be based off one.

Timber said:
Yes, that is a TJ-L. The one linked to in the very first post, the one that was originally being discussed, isn't, but looks to be based off one.

Well, I guess the JT is "based off" the TJL as much as the JK is sorta "based off" the TJ...

Same concept, next generation...

Robert

bah, Jeep had a good midsized truck with the MJ, but chryco killed it off because it was a competitor to the Dakota.

as long as chrysler controls Jeep there won't be a Jeep pickup, because Chrysler doesn't want to have a competitor to the Ram. They certainly wouldn't create a nother platform for it, too costly for a single vehicle. In fact, the platform sharing for the compass and patriot was the first time Jeep has shared a platform in history. The beancounters always win over people making concept vehicles.

i just read the new jp. very interesting, if they have all the parts in house allready they should build it, i'd buy one.

floyd said:
The Dodge Viper is a perfect example that your statement is incorrect.
ok, so that was one in how many?
hurricane?
gladiator?
perhaps I was incorrect in saying "always"
I will rephrase

The beancounters usually win.

Timber said:

I think this guy is right AAV factory ( responsible for jeep assembly in EGYPT) they are still making the TJL (stopped making the YJ in 1999) the military has ordered around 3000 TJL s they come only in two colors beige & green , 4.0 manual, no soft nor hard top. seen some with guns mounted on them, other with small rocket batteries. Some of them are sold to the public but no xtra features what u see is what u get
seen some with the SAHARA hard top but it doesnt cover the whole bed around 2-3 inches are sticking out
http://www.jeep.com.eg/wrangler_specifications.htm
wrangler-model3.jpg
norm_10_TJL_2005_Egypt.jpg

norm_11_TJL_2005_Egypt.jpg
norm_1_TJL_2005_Egypt.jpg

norm_29_TJL_2005_Egypt.jpg
norm_30_TJL_2005_Egypt.jpg

norm_50_TJL_2005_Egypt.jpg
norm_60_TJL_2005_Egypt.jpg

Back