• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The End To Death Wobble!!

Y2K-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
OK Guys and Gals This is the end to all your Death Wobble Problems.

Note: This is for XJ's running Stock length Lower Controll arms and a 2" minimum lift...
I have engineered a Spacer that swings the axle forward 1/4" bringing the Caster back to within Specs. (5 degrees)
Its very very easy to install!
It took me about 20 minutes and have absolutely NO DEATH WOBBLE anymore..
Its kind of hard to explain how it exactly works, The spacer goes in between the LCA Mount (attached to the frame) and the inner Bracket.. you just loosen the main Mount Bolt and the 2 studs on the backside of the mount and slip in my spacer and then retighten everything..
I have taken the liberty of making 20 sets of these spacers to help fellow Xjers out.....There 1/4" aluminum and fit Perfect....
I am charging $18.00+ postage(thats right Postage! They will come in a regular envelope) for a set of 2(thats all you will need) and detailed instructions on how to install them..
Please E-mail me [email protected] Pictures and more info can be seen on my website www.DTR.myjeeppage.com in the products section..
Let me know if your interested

Finally, the era of Death Wobble comes to an end.

If only the factory engineers could have thought of this ...

Not to rain on your parade, but those items you talk about are sold at your Jeep dealer for about $4.00 each... Part number for the 4mm shim is 52003976, and 52000234 for the .95mm one

I was going to say that the dealer sells them, but somebody beat me to it!
I stacked 3 4mm shims together on each side!

well 4 mm = .157 so you spent $16.00 to stack them!!! and mine are 1/4" to start with! cool
Plus mine are proudly made in america by an american.. not in china for pennies on a stamping press....

MaXJohnson said:
Finally, the era of Death Wobble comes to an end.

If only the factory engineers could have thought of this ...

What a momentous day this is... do they work on a long arm lift as well? I smell patent all over this one...

So have you made your first million off this ingenious product yet? :rolleyes:

Wow you guys are a bunch of Jackasses! It may not be the break through he thought, but it could prove usefull to many. Especially those with small lifts, little modification, and no desire to fab anything.

WOW guys Calm down! I wasn't expecting any big "Breakthroughs" in XJ tech or any million$.
Just providing a little product that was very helpfull to me and many others.. Just figured I'd share.
And now there available in 1/8" for the budget boosters out there!
A very cheap alternative to $140.00+(new)adjustable LCA's.
More info is on my site! www.DTR.myjeeppage.com
(1-2"Lift)=1/8" $10.00 To your Mailbox!!!!!!!!!!!
(3-5"Lift)=1/4" $10.00 "
(5+" Lift)+Time to stop,re-think things and work some overtime!LOL

$18.00 down to $10.00 you disgruntally mumble?
Easy! The supply has exceeded the demand!

Last edited:
basalt51 said:
Wow you guys are a bunch of Jackasses! It may not be the break through he thought, but it could prove usefull to many. Especially those with small lifts, little modification, and no desire to fab anything.

who told you I had a SMALL LIFT ?? Has my wife been playing with the phone again???

Back