• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Campmanche

I would still like to know who manufactured the coach part of it. I have googled everything I can think of and can't find a damn thing on it. Also how long is it? I've seen some of the Toyotas 4x4's up close and there only 16 or 18'.

Spirit manufactured it

That's just the name of that model. Somewhere in the coach in a cabinet there will be a big sticker that says who it's made by. Like Coachmen, Forest River or such. It will also have the model numbers of the water heater, stove, refer, a/c and color codes.

Example: mines a Swinger made by Georgie Boy coach company.

That's just the name of that model. Somewhere in the coach in a cabinet there will be a big sticker that says who it's made by. Like Coachmen, Forest River or such. It will also have the model numbers of the water heater, stove, refer, a/c and color codes.

Example: mines a Swinger made by Georgie Boy coach company.

thoes stickes are only required for "CSA" coaches. origonaly manufactured for regestration in canada.

Bronze.

thoes stickes are only required for "CSA" coaches. origonaly manufactured for regestration in canada.

Bronze.

What's CSA stand for? I googled it along with CSA coach and couldn't find anything. Every RV I have owned has had one of them big data stickers.

y8uryga7.jpg

What's CSA stand for? I googled it along with CSA coach and couldn't find anything. Every RV I have owned has had one of them big data stickers.

ok this is kinda of a long discription. if you make cars, like gm. DOT is who the vin's go throo for tracking and regestrations, also they make the rules for the roads so if you want to build you have to comply. if you build RV's. you either have to comply with "RVIA" the DOT of rv's (now this is only for coaches intended for sales and regestrations in the U.S., or UL as we builders call it)

now if the coach is being manufactured with the origonal intent to be sold in canada, it must comply with "CSA" standards. in 2011 canada decided to make alberta, bc, saskatchewan, and the yukon teritory RVIA complyant. only east of the yukon is requires csa. and "French warning labels"

the pic darin posted is of the origonal manufacturers id, and the blue one below it is either a WA, tag. or an OR, tag. i cant make out the seal from the photo. it will not have an id tag in the galleycab. your going to have to use the info on the tag darin posted....

thats your best bet
Bronze.

So if the Campmanche weighs say 6000lbs and you flat tow your Comanche say 4000lbs= 10,000lbs and an 87 4.0 makes 160hp. I think it would be about the same.
I move 17K down the road at 70MPH with 180HP. We slow down to 55 on the hills.

ok this is kinda of a long discription. if you make cars, like gm. DOT is who the vin's go throo for tracking and regestrations, also they make the rules for the roads so if you want to build you have to comply. if you build RV's. you either have to comply with "RVIA" the DOT of rv's (now this is only for coaches intended for sales and regestrations in the U.S., or UL as we builders call it)

now if the coach is being manufactured with the origonal intent to be sold in canada, it must comply with "CSA" standards. in 2011 canada decided to make alberta, bc, saskatchewan, and the yukon teritory RVIA complyant. only east of the yukon is requires csa. and "French warning labels"

the pic darin posted is of the origonal manufacturers id, and the blue one below it is either a WA, tag. or an OR, tag. i cant make out the seal from the photo. it will not have an id tag in the galleycab. your going to have to use the info on the tag darin posted....

thats your best bet
Bronze.
Oh noes, the wienerbox isn't Canada legal!

Campmanche is awesome. I'm really curious as to what the underneath of that coach body looks like. Did they backhalf it and put in different framerails or use the unibody ones?

I move 17K down the road at 70MPH with 180HP. We slow down to 55 on the hills.

Campmanche is awesome. I'm really curious as to what the underneath of that coach body looks like. Did they backhalf it and put in different framerails or use the unibody ones?

Is that 180 gas hp or diesel? If its a diesel it could have 600ftlbs of torque.

I'm sure it will do it just how long will it take is the ? Back in the 40's and 50's they would haul all sorts of stuff with Ford and Chevy pickups that only had 150hp 6 cylinders.

Anyway all I can find on Holloway-Debraal ink. Is that they built RV's in 1979 then again from 85 to 88. They changed there name to new Paris and then again to new horizon.

Is that 180 gas hp or diesel? If its a diesel it could have 600ftlbs of torque.

I'm sure it will do it just how long will it take is the ? Back in the 40's and 50's they would haul all sorts of stuff with Ford and Chevy pickups that only had 150hp 6 cylinders.

Anyway all I can find on Holloway-Debraal ink. Is that they built RV's in 1979 then again from 85 to 88. They changed there name to new Paris and then again to new horizon.

diesel.

but it's a NA IDI, so it's only 100 ft lbs more torque than a 4.0, and that happens at a much lower and much narrower RPM band.

Back