• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Boostwerks.com Rig build thread... (56k killer)

The links definetly look small though now that they're on the rig. I'll upgrade when I bend one.

Enjoi,
Bryson
can i recommend instead of waiting until you bend them, just sleeve them now with 180 wall Dom and weld the ends 100% so they work together, they will flex ( may be ) but they will be next to impossible to bend.

can i recommend instead of waiting until you bend them, just sleeve them now with 180 wall Dom and weld the ends 100% so they work together, they will flex ( may be ) but they will be next to impossible to bend.

I'll definetly have to look into that. I do now regret not going with 2", especially because I just found some drop hidden in a corner of our shop.

Bumper update:

Well I got it back from the powder coater, but they did a horrible job. I'm going to take it back on friday to see if I can get it fixed somehow. First of all, the color doesn't match the sample that I had received and secondly there are several spots that were under sprayed. Unfortunatly I didn't notice either issues, because I picked it up when it was dark. The color ended up being pretty much a metallic orange, when the color of the coat should have been "new red"

Update:

I took the bumper and steering back to the coater on friday to see if they could help me out. The woman that works there was great, and is getting it redone for free. I should have it mon or tues.

I also made the flanges and brackets for my track bar setup and installed my autopal E code housings.

Should have new pics next week. :)

Updates:

My server finally came back online so I uploaded some pics.

The bumper is finished, and fogs are mounted. I still need to wire them up though.

some dirty pics:

Img_2576.jpg

Img_2577.jpg

I obviously still need to align it a little better... I was running out of time after my track bar build, so I just threw it on.

Img_2578.jpg

Someday I'll convince myself I need to trim... :smoker:

Img_2585.jpg

Washed pics...

Img_2586.jpg

Img_2587.jpg

I love these two...

Img_2588.jpg

Img_2591.jpg

Finished the track bar, although I still need to build an RE style brace (hence the nuts welded onto the bracket).

Img_2584.jpg

How to do heims properly (seals-it seals)...

Img_2579.jpg

Img_2580.jpg

Img_2581.jpg

Img_2582.jpg

Img_2583.jpg

Looks like the steering will line up pretty good (install coming this weekend). The bumper steer right now with the factory steering is HORRIBLE btw lol.

Steering_angles.JPG

Enjoi. :cheers:

keep it coming man, really enjoying watching this build :thumbup:

you're not worried about the draglink being significantly longer than your track bar?

Neither is the factory setup. From my experience, the ride height opperating angles are more important than the different lengths. Bump steer won't be eliminated, but it will have to make much more travel before it becomes significant.

No real updates but a couple of parking lot pics...

Img_2593.jpg

Img_2594.jpg

Turbo build is coming soon... :party:
did you ever sleeve those lower arms so you don't do allot of unnecessary re work???

Waiting for the turbo...

Installed the steering and TB brace today. Unfortunetly no fab photos though as I forgot to bring the camera. You blood sucking hounds will survive :wstupid:

It's getting close to being trailable. It's going to be a couple months until most of them are open unfortunetly.

Img_2619.jpg

Img_2620.jpg

Img_2621.jpg

Img_2622.jpg

Img_2623.jpg

Img_2624.jpg

Enjoi. Sorry no more gas cap pics :dunce:

Back