• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "Ask Crazyjim a question" Thread

Hey Jim you gotta help me with this.

Several years ago I bought a mew toolbox. When I filled the top box I put my pliers, Channel locks, Vise Grips, and the like in the third drawer from the top. After all these years I still pull the forth drawer when I'm reaching for a pair of pliers or the like. The forth drawer has screw drivers in it. I do this almost every time.

The thing is I never have a problem with opening the correct drawer when I need a screwdriver. There are five drawers in the top box and I don't seem to get confused with any of the rest of them.

Am I destined to a life of perpetual confusion with trying to get a pair of Vice Grips? If I switch drawers am I going to be stuck with having two drawers that I get confused? What can I do to get this straightened out?

TIA

Got a question Jim.........how you doing?

Doing great Dean! Thanks for asking :cheers:

Yea, don't hear much from ya these days, brotha!

Yea Sorry brother, life took over, although hopefully you'll be seeing more of me around here in a few months!

I hear rumors he might return soon. Right Jim?

That is the rumor... and it may be true! Hoping to get back to wheeling with some of you folks in the relatively near future!

Hey Jim you gotta help me with this.

Several years ago I bought a mew toolbox. When I filled the top box I put my pliers, Channel locks, Vise Grips, and the like in the third drawer from the top. After all these years I still pull the forth drawer when I'm reaching for a pair of pliers or the like. The forth drawer has screw drivers in it. I do this almost every time.

The thing is I never have a problem with opening the correct drawer when I need a screwdriver. There are five drawers in the top box and I don't seem to get confused with any of the rest of them.

Am I destined to a life of perpetual confusion with trying to get a pair of Vice Grips? If I switch drawers am I going to be stuck with having two drawers that I get confused? What can I do to get this straightened out?

TIA

Ok this one is easy, just combine your screwdrivers and hingy thingies into drawer number 5, and fill drawer number 4 with beer! Problem solved. Glad I could help.

I agree. I'd have never thought to combine two full drawers into one the same size. Applying the same concept to my entire garage has freed up a lot of space. It's great!

I agree. I'd have never thought to combine two full drawers into one the same size. Applying the same concept to my entire garage has freed up a lot of space. It's great!

They do it in airliners. They do it on LA freeways. Makes sense it would work in other circumstances.

David Bricker / SYR - DFW

¿Isn't this the correct way to use two question marks in one sentence?

Back