• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Terrible noise after SYE

HotChiliRam said:
Well, Yesterday I took off my Degree Shims and went for a test to the Freeway and the Vid is almost gone, I can barely feel it now.
I'm thinking about turning the blocks that I have backwards to point the pinion even lower.
Opinions?
Ahh, Thanks for the great advice guys :)

Experiment some with it to fine tune it would be a good idea. You'll get it right, soon. More importantly you know the cause of the vibration.

O.D. said:
I have a RE 4.5" lift no shims, sye and no problems.
Are you running stock shackle too then? If not then you must mention that as extanded shackles rotate the pinion up.

it looks like you pinion is to high. Your pinion angle should be within 3 degrees of your driveshaft angle. you might get away with maybe a 2 degree shim.

I'm going to install my blocks looking back. The blocks that I have have a little degree, wich is keeping the pinion a little too high. I'm going to try this and see what happens.

I bought the 3" RE lift, their SYE hack n tap, and their DS. Had similar problem until having the shaft balanced and checked for runout. It was pretty far off (both parameters) and vibes were reduced to a minimum after the work.

Relifted (that a word?) to 4.5" and am getting the Woods DS and yolk type SYE. Am thinking I won't have to get balance and runout corrected on the Woods shaft.

My problem wasn't the DS not balanced, I removed the degree shims and the vib is almost gone, I can barely feel it at 75+Mph wich is a speed that I don't normally drive at.

Back