• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Teraflex Shift Linkage Adapter Install Question

Here's my version of the BSFab t-case linkage with a 241OR. The distances ended up being exactly the same from the linkage at the t-case to the lever at the body. So i put the heims on the threaded rod, threw the jam nuts on there and set it to the correct length. Works awesome, no more binding or being unsure of which gear it is in. The only thing is that the shift pattern is reversed.

n820015250_6860489_3603369.jpg

I wished I had time to do the BSFab System! I had to get her done and the 4x4 Shop had the Novak in Stock and recommended it. It shifts great, however, I must be careful not to bend the Bracketry when shifting. Plus, with the Shift Cane, it leaves a Huge Opening where Extremely Hot Air flows in from Engine and Exhaust System. Plus it is very Expensive, about $200 with tax.

Recommendation: Go with the BSFab T-case Linkage.

JeepFreak,

I see why you went with the S10 linkage, because I tried the easy way out, and the flip just doesn't work.
The TJ lever on the other end though, I'm looking at it, and it seems there's enough room to keep the stock XJ linkage. Was it for the linkage angle, or just clearance that you switch to the TJ arm?

Also, for anyone else, here's part numbers from mcmaster carr.

2 each 2458K341 Carbon-Fiber Race Ball Joint Rod End 3/8"-24 RH Female Shank, 3950 Pound Load Capacity today $5.39 each 10.78
2 each 93890A600 Zinc-Plated Steel Headless Clevis Pin Grooved w/2 Retaining Rings, 3/8" Dia, 1-11/32" L today $4.45 each 8.90
1 pack 3088A511 Steel Shim .125" Thick, 3/8" ID, 5/8" OD, packs of 10 today $4.27 pack 4.27

Merchandise total
$23.95

seems there's enough room to keep the stock XJ linkage. Was it for the linkage angle, or just clearance that you switch to the TJ arm?
$23.95
Think he was probably tired of trying to tighten that 9/16th bolt. That and the fact that the stock linkage has a tendency to get pretty sloppy from frequent use.
Lokar also offers a shift linkage

Freak lengthened the arm off the shifter lever side, and that's the only part I don't understand. This piece. Is that for the right amount of throw, or better angle or...

http://www.bsfab.net/gallery.php?cmd=midsize&gallery=np231/&image=IMG_1778.jpg
YES I realize this thread is old but,I was wondering too if the stock shifter-attatched to body-will work.ANYBODY finish this thread or should I go at it alone and not post results?I am sure others did this but did not post the end result.

You have to Cut the crap out of the tera bracket to get to work with the AX15 in you have a 00-01 with the NV3550 then its basicly a bolt in.

5 Speed FTW !!!!!!!!

Back