• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Teraflex long arm kit

There are some good lift kits such as Re's out there. i personally am piecing my lift together to fit my specific needs.i prefer heavier rate coils so i bout bds 240#/inch lifetime warranty.and went with ironrock double shear mount and trac bar $ 210.00 shipped 1.25 solid steel,1/4 bracket. RE super ride lowers and re boomerang shackles.making my own leaf packs.It's all personal preference and piecing doesn't mean you will spend more $ either.do your homework and decide what you really want from a lift, then decide which route to go. don't rush into it.my .02

OMG,how much worse can you buy compared to RC !

The one I found is made in the US. also the springs are made by the same company that anther well known lift company uses to build there springs.

The big difference is that this is a (basic kit) not the complete system the counter company sells.

This kit is more money then the rc kit I would never buy on a chance.

in the long run this route will cost you a lot more time and money. just get a good complete 4.5" kit like the RE.

If I do that I would have a very nice lift but crappy used worn out Craigslist tires. This way I will have a new lo cost kit to work from with a warranty and also a brand new set of tires with a warranty. May also have the money to get the front 5150 shocks as well.

Dave

The one I found is made in the US. also the springs are made by the same company that anther well known lift company uses to build there springs.

The big difference is that this is a (basic kit) not the complete system the counter company sells.

This kit is more money then the rc kit I would never buy on a chance.
1A-Most are whats your point?
1B-Vendors have different specs and tolarances,same manufacturer means NOTHING!

2-So,I modded my XJ 6 times in the first 2 yrs,only the first POS RC lift was bought as a kit.Now my ride is mostly RE,but I never bought a kit or even a single peice from RE(thank you Dirk-DPG).

3-???."Basic" isnt a word Id use,move on!There are like 6 people Ive seen in 8yrs here that even have this kit.I knew one of them.

Not to be an A$$ but I may be new to this forum but not to the jeep world. I just asked about the teraflex kit because that seemed really cheep for a long arm kit. I own a yj now that is for trail use and just got the 99 xj for a dd/camping at the beach rig. In the past I have owned 2 other lifted xj's and one other lifted trail yj. I just pointed out that there are other ways to get a good quality lift with out spending $1200.00 on the Cadillac right from the start.

Not to be an A$$ but I may be new to this forum but not to the jeep world. I just asked about the teraflex kit because that seemed really cheep for a long arm kit. I own a yj now that is for trail use and just got the 99 xj for a dd/camping at the beach rig. In the past I have owned 2 other lifted xj's and one other lifted trail yj. I just pointed out that there are other ways to get a good quality lift with out spending $1200.00 on the Cadillac right from the start.
As everyone has tried to explain,its NOT a LA kit and never will be!This kit is a waste of your time and money.
Dont get me wrong,Tera has some great products(Tera-Low,Sway bar links,and Sway bars),I use them all.This just isnt one of them.
BTW: I dont know what they are currently using for joints on their arms,but their earlier stuff was absolute junk!

Last edited:
As everyone has tried to explain,its NOT a LA kit and never will be!This kit is a waste of your time and money.
Dont get me wrong,Tera has some great products(Tera-Low,Sway bar links,and Sway bars),I use them all.This just isnt one of them.
BTW: I dont know what they are currently using for joints on their arms,but their earlier stuff was absolute junk!

I did not buy that kit but another b/c of this post, I just find it important to have top quality tires as well as a top quality lift but right now I just have to be able to clear the tires. Then I will work on the rest as needed.
Winter is on it's way fast where I live and if I have to buy tires I want to buy what I want not what junk I can find on Craigslist.

jeepspeed is a very limited class...
how can anyone be significantly faster when racing a limited class, besides luck?

I wasn't trying to debate jeepspeed.
jerseyjeep01 sounded confused over Ronbo's post so I was simply trying to explain what he meant by short arms can run with long arms.
As usual my posts dont come out the way I meant them to when I get on the computer after happy hour....:D

Back