• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Teraflex Disc Brake Upgrade Installation Notes

I don't care for anything aftermarket(ex;Wilwood) because of their non- use of off-the-shelf parts. Did Tera-flex supply you with a list of what parts they use?

BTW: What did you do about parking cables?

@RCP Phx - yes they are standard parts from Teraflex. I don't have the parts list available at the moment, but they did provide it to me.

IIRC, the caliper is a from a 1995-1997 Ford Explorer and I believe that the rotor is from a 2005 TJ Rubicon. I purchased parking brake cables from them as well. With my 3.5 inch lift I chose parts 4304169 (34") and 4304175 (59").

Hey XJEEPER - one more question for you about the WJ brake calipers - I've currently got a set of wheels that are 15x8 with a 3 5/8 backspacing, and I'd love to able to keep them. I'm worried that the inside diameter of the wheel won't offer enough clearance for the larger brakes. I haven't measured at the junkyard yet to see what I'm in for. What's been your experience with wheel sizes and the WJ brakes?

I run 16" wheels and have no clearance issues, but folks running 15" wheels have experienced rubbing at the TRE and caliper areas. The benefits of WJ brakes and steering far outweigh the fondness for your 15" wheels.......:dunno:

Last edited:
Depends on who's shelf you are looking at.

Aftermarket parts are available virtually everywhere next day.

That's "never" going to happen "on-the-trail" !

Back