• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ten years.....

Who the man that can Foul 6 plugs at the same time.......DOUG!

I really wish someone had some pics from '05. That was my first. Here are some pics of my 2nd (and so far last) which was '06. These are from the 14 hour trail day...a search party was sent for us. I can say it was some of the most scared yet fun times I've ever had riding. Going DOWN schoolbus in the pitch dark (10PM) with several rigs being broken. Mine had failing brakes and Kurtis was on 1 wheel drive.

I will probably miss again this year BUT I do have a tow rig now and if I can procure a trailer and put some extra seating in the MJ (bed) we may be able to make it next year...especially if it CLOSER to home (ahem ahem LOL ).

Just some of the group's kids...the ones I see regularly in this group are all about twice that size now (I'm sure the other are too)!!!!!
img0001dj.jpg

RIP Crawford's Campground (and Tellico)
img0002uo.jpg

Me on Gaurdrail (next 2)
img0003zo.jpg

img0004lah.jpg

This was right before I rolled inbetween Helicopter Pad and School Bus
img0005icc.jpg

And of course the infamous YellowXJ (Travis). Featured on the cover of Petersens last year(or 2010?) but you may not recognize it here...since it's right side up.
img0006th.jpg

Michelle (Travis's wife next 2)
img0008cw.jpg

img0007qc.jpg

Last edited:
i still have all the raw video from 05, sadly we didnt take any pictures but some classic video, including jason's big beige catching the manifold on fire on gaurdrail..... good times, 05 got me into cherokees. i have a few pics from 06 when i broke my junk all over slickrock, then woody climbed it on 30's with a big boy limited slip in the rear

I was in that rescue party! I remember that well! Sitting at Crawford's and Heather comes up... "How much have you been drinking?" Me: "This is my first." Heather: "Good don't drink any more Travis group has ton returned yet." Me: "Oh damn!" Mark aka 2offroad and I proceeded to head out and found you guys on trail 4 heading out IIRC.

i still have all the raw video from 05, sadly we didnt take any pictures but some classic video, including jason's big beige catching the manifold on fire on gaurdrail..... good times, 05 got me into cherokees. i have a few pics from 06 when i broke my junk all over slickrock, then woody climbed it on 30's with a big boy limited slip in the rear

I think I was either behind or right in front of Jason (I'm Jason as well) in '05 on that day. His PS fluid leaked back to the manifold and everyone freaked. I had my first MJ (no bed) there. I traded preacher for his 4runner...I was literally headed home to a divorce at that time and I knew I needed to sell my tow rig as well as the MJ which would have been hard to do. So I traded him...sold the 4 runner when I got home and then bought the green '98 in the pics I posted above!!

And yep Glen...that's the night!

I think I was either behind or right in front of Jason (I'm Jason as well) in '05 on that day. His PS fluid leaked back to the manifold and everyone freaked. I had my first MJ (no bed) there. I traded preacher for his 4runner...I was literally headed home to a divorce at that time and I knew I needed to sell my tow rig as well as the MJ which would have been hard to do. So I traded him...sold the 4 runner when I got home and then bought the green '98 in the pics I posted above!!

And yep Glen...that's the night!

Ohhhh so that was you in the bedless mj.... You lost springs on slickrock didn't you? That was classic video I have a lot of footage of the group with andys rig.... I've managed to preserve the tapes through 2 moves and 2 crashed computers....

Yep! It popped a center pin on the front DS leaf and walked the axle out from under the truck partially. But Glen had a center pin and we put it back together (well I sat in the truck with my foot on the brakes) and it went on the rest of the day with no worries. Travis (yellowxj) wife Mchelle busted a front stub or joint or hub behind me so thankfully I wasn't alone in the carnage (or holding eveyrone else up).

Most folks here don't really know who I am as have only met a handful of you face to face having only been to 2 crawls and living down here in FL. That and I don't post a lot either. I have another MJ now...after the XJ pic'd above and nearly finishing a J10 then selling it. My current MJ will make it to a crawl at some point.

I'd love to have the videos somehow!!

Yep! It popped a center pin on the front DS leaf and walked the axle out from under the truck partially. But Glen had a center pin and we put it back together (well I sat in the truck with my foot on the brakes) and it went on the rest of the day with no worries. Travis (yellowxj) wife Mchelle busted a front stub or joint or hub behind me so thankfully I wasn't alone in the carnage (or holding eveyrone else up).

Most folks here don't really know who I am as have only met a handful of you face to face having only been to 2 crawls and living down here in FL. That and I don't post a lot either. I have another MJ now...after the XJ pic'd above and nearly finishing a J10 then selling it. My current MJ will make it to a crawl at some point.

I'd love to have the videos somehow!!

yeah michelle busted a ujoint behind you, then the next day on the way up to gaurdrail she blew a rear d/s....

i think i have some blank dvd's i could burn a few of them and put em in a flat rate envelope

Hey guys! Nice to be mentioned and remembered 7 years down the road. If everyone remembers '05 was my first and only crawl that I was able to make it to. Since then I took on a new job, got married, built a house, and have a precious baby girl now. Time just has'nt allowed me to wheel as much as I would like to. I did manage to kill the tan '92 in a rollover about 2 years after the crawl and then built a '99 with the tons and salvagable parts from the '92. I sold the 99 a couple of years ago and it's in Colorado now, and now have a YJ and TJ that are both on tons, and a street queen 2000 XJ. I definitely want to get back into a cherokee especially when my little girl gets older. I say all of that to say this, I've definitely not forgotten about all of the fine people that my dad and I met back in '05 and I fully intend on building another XJ (probably the black 2000 XJ I have now) and getting back up with you guys in the future. Here's a pic I found from the crawl back in '05. Yall take care.:cheers:
100_0084-1.jpg

Hey guys! Nice to be mentioned and remembered 7 years down the road. If everyone remembers '05 was my first and only crawl that I was able to make it to. Since then I took on a new job, got married, built a house, and have a precious baby girl now. Time just has'nt allowed me to wheel as much as I would like to. I did manage to kill the tan '92 in a rollover about 2 years after the crawl and then built a '99 with the tons and salvagable parts from the '92. I sold the 99 a couple of years ago and it's in Colorado now, and now have a YJ and TJ that are both on tons, and a street queen 2000 XJ. I definitely want to get back into a cherokee especially when my little girl gets older. I say all of that to say this, I've definitely not forgotten about all of the fine people that my dad and I met back in '05 and I fully intend on building another XJ (probably the black 2000 XJ I have now) and getting back up with you guys in the future. Here's a pic I found from the crawl back in '05. Yall take care.:cheers:
100_0084-1.jpg

Do not feel like you cannot come to our events because you dont wheel an xj. We in the SEC have low standards and let even the CJ and TJ and sami guys join in the fun. :rof:

Back