• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tellico Yesterday

Harvo

NAXJA Forum User
Took the XJ up to Tellico yesterday with the intentions of running some of the hard trails. The place was almost empty and extremely dry. It was a great day there. Went up slickrock with no hangups. Our group mostly even climbed the ledge at the top.

The group behind us had more highly modified CJ's, TJ's, and Buggies and generally huge tires. It was very satisfying that they were able to see a small group of "little" rigs make it up the trail so easily.

I saw a NAXJA member from GA spank the ledge at the top of slickrock with his open front and 36" IROKs. The rest of his group had to winch. Didn't catch his NAXJA handle, but we talked. Great job there fella. Also saw HackedXJ in the area.

It was a great day for a ride.

threadworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Thats a nice lookin rig you have there. Where do you find your naxja member #? I am brand new to this. Happy to be here though!!

Right... forgot to mention I'll post some pics when I get the camera back from Tellico. It spent one more night in camp than we did.

The tires are 33x12.50. It was a blast. It was my first time on Slickrock in the XJ. I have done all the Tellico Trails in my built CJ7, but when you change rigs and you have to drive it like it's your ride home... it makes things waaaay more exciting.

Didn't recognized you Harvo, your XJ seems to have grown a bit, looks good! I was just there for a picnic with the wife and dog but did run 9 caught in the middle of a pack of at least 15 Samaris, took forever.

Yeah... we were in front of a group of Sami's at one point. Did you see the Sami based red rock buggy with the big BFG Crawlers? It looked good but it ran like poo. He was right behind us on the rock.

Hey, I was the other Cherokee at Tellico, from my group I have the smallest tires. (Irok 36). Went to slickrock, school bus, guard rail, ect.
Slickrock
wheels042.jpg

wheels043.jpg

wheels044.jpg

ledge afther slickrock

wheels048.jpg

wheels049.jpg

wheels050.jpg

wheels051.jpg

Harvo said:
Yeah... we were in front of a group of Sami's at one point. Did you see the Sami based red rock buggy with the big BFG Crawlers? It looked good but it ran like poo. He was right behind us on the rock.

I saw that buggy going up just as we got there but it was hours before we got to go then caught up to it at the ledge at the top. Did get to see a Sammy flop though.

Good looking Waggy there Garomy!

Back