• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Teflon leaf liner

madtrixter

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all, I;m new here and have a question. I have searched leaf spring posts for a few days now and can't seem to find where to get leaf liners. I'm looking for the full length ones with the lips (looks like I beam). The local spring shops aren't giving me any info. I have even searched pages and pages on three different search engines.

I was wondering if anyone has ordered this stuff online, and if so, where?

thanks for the help

madtrixter

I'd like to find the same thing. Good luck. Have you seen them before?

I can get it from a shop local here in phoenix, az I bought 30ft of the stuff it was a good price too, its works awesome..
themud

Timber said:
Try here under Poly-Slide. http://www.sachserodshop.com/catalog/P.htm There was another place I can't recall the name of, but they stopped carrying the 2.5" liner with a lip anyway. Try to get the liner with the edge lips.

I've been there already...sachs only carries to 2 1/4.

If anyone would be willing to get me info from their local spring shop that carries this stuff, I would be much abliged. Oh, 2 1/2 width with edges is what I'm lookin for.

Thanks

madtrixter

fwiw, i ordered some from speedway motors. its a street rod place..it doesnt have the lip like I wanted it to, but it got the job done. Its the trim to fit kind. Its a bit of a PITA to work with, but not bad.

Talk to Goatman, I think. I believe he'd have an idea where to go cuz if I'm remembering correctly he uses it in his leafs.

rockwerks said:
I ahve a 26' piece of 2.5" double I beam leaf liner left. 50.00 shipped to who ever wants it. ( I used 24' to do mine now.)

How many leaves in your packs?

Ok, I'm relatively new to the XJ world as well. What function do the liners provide? Noise and friction reduction? Or what?

law.74 said:
How many leaves in your packs?

5 leafs

picture.JPG

chuckm65 said:
Ok, I'm relatively new to the XJ world as well. What function do the liners provide? Noise and friction reduction? Or what?

yes on all acounts

so i'm resurrecting this thread.

this teflon leaf liner is a sweet idea and all because a good leaf pack is smooth. yada yada.

what about putting in sheets of teflon that have a thickness between each leaf to get more lift? i was thinking of getting some sheet teflon at like 3/16" thick to put between my leafs to get cheap lift and smoothness. 5 sheets stacked up nets almost an inch of lift... a friend of mine mentioned he did it on some old car of his but i was wondering if anyone hear had heard of doing this and if so how well it worked (before i bought anything)

Deaver sells it, you have to ask, its not on their site. They sell it in 100' rolls, enough for 2 vehicles and it is about a dollar a foot.

Deaver sells it, you have to ask, its not on their site. They sell it in 100' rolls, enough for 2 vehicles and it is about a dollar a foot.

good to know, but i was thinking about getting teflon from a hardware store or whatever and adapting it...

Back