• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Teflon coated wheels?

Teflon is supposed to reduce friction. Maybe it's so your wheels slide by rocks?

Possibly make mounting the tire easier?? Heck, you aren't suposed to use metal utensils on teflon pans, imagine what rocks would do to it!

i saw these. i liked the look, but what about scratches? whats next...teflon paintjobs? bird poop just slides right off onto the car behind you! lol

Holy cow, at $195 a wheel it better do something besides repel dirt and road grime.....

if teflon is supposed to not stick to anything... how come they can make it stick to a pot or pan let alone a wheel rim? :dunno: :huh:

Thats just it, it does not, teflon cooking pans are not good things to use, the teflon flakes off and you end up eating the stuff as well as alot of other non stick cooking things. One of the reasons all our cook ware is steel or cast iron.

i saw something about these last week.. its really just to keep the wheel clean and brake dust wont cling to it... but after 1 new england winter im sure the sand and salt will have scrubbed it away... nice wheel though..

mike

I picked up set of the A/R dimond lock II about 3 months ago. The wheel were $159.00 for 15x8 wheel at that time at the local Town Fair. The Teflon coating started to flake off around the bead rim shortly after install. The lastest news from A/R is the wheels will be back on the market in 4-6 weeks.

I recived a refund for the wheels, not sure if I would purchase another new set of A/R rims again.

Rob

You can get that same dust repellent by spraying them with PAM or other vegitable based cooking spray after washing them. Plus you can use it on the headlights too and nose to keep bugs from sticking...

RichP said:
You can get that same dust repellent by spraying them with PAM or other vegitable based cooking spray after washing them. Plus you can use it on the headlights too and nose to keep bugs from sticking...
And folks that lean up against it slide right off :D

Yea, and if you use a flavored cooking spray you can get some flavored snacks offen them lights too :D

Back