• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

Its really going to be worth it in the end to stay away from any cast housing with pressed in tubes.

I would tend to agree with Rich here, what the pics posted so far don't show is if you got up close to it both tubes actually pulled out of the center section far enough for gear oil to seep out of the case spreader holes. more so on the pass side but the drivers side was doing it too.

fabbed 9" housings are not as pricey as they used to be, and might be something to look into.

I have seen 9" tubeworks housings with hubs, brakes, no pumpkin for 1500.00. I think when you look at all the hours, effort, money that it takes to race even in a lower class, it pays to have certain components be the right stuff. Axles are the one item that will end your day every time. I would bet that once you had the right set up, you would not touch it again in that rig.

you need one of these

attachment.php

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=845287&highlight=s9

It may be Dukie that you don't entirely understand King of the Hammers.. ;)

why? that photo is of a KOH axle build

Must be an illusion as to how far out that truss hangs then.....

It hangs out to the back, unless you have a right angle bend in your driveline somewhere.

It also won't really prevent the housing from bending the same way that 44 did. I always figured the rear trusses people put on 9" housings were more to make the housing withstand higher HP / torque application, since they stiffen the housing horizontally rather than vertically.

I have it on good authority that right angle bends in drivelines are rather exciting, but won't really get you anywhere... except under the jeep.

These guys seem to know whats up. Anyone know if it happens to have that new motor in it?
main.php

(Image is from pirate)

I don't know anything about that there JK but man that photographer is a real low-down character. :scottm:

These guys seem to know whats up. Anyone know if it happens to have that new motor in it?
main.php

(Image is from pirate)

jesus! how many tires did they blow? I know they killed one in an open desert section..... XXXXing pro-comp.

That's Ryan Kennelly's JK.. He's a suspension engineer for Pro-Comp, so you can bet he doesnt care how many he slices, and has plenty more.. :)

I'm sure he was super excited when this happened during the race
rubiconJKtirefail.jpg

:gee:

Back