• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

TheMoreYouKnow.jpg

I will keep my eye out. All the Pro-trucks are 77 inch out side tire to tire and there are quite a few extra axles laying around, They are full floater, 10inch and some older 9" 40 spline.

If we find the right rear end at the same time that I have money.. maybe. ;)

If money is a serious concern, in theory, shouldn't you be able to get away with running the 44 if it's properly trussed (i.e. from end to end)? You are running 35 spline shafts which are run in a bunch of FF9" rear ends. I guess the weak point would be the ring and pinion.

I will keep my eye out. All the Pro-trucks are 77 inch out side tire to tire and there are quite a few extra axles laying around, They are full floater, 10inch and some older 9" 40 spline.

If you see a deal on something let me know. We're 5x5.5, I can regear just about anything to match (we're 4.88 but may go 5.38). Spool is good, most lockers would be okay. Prefer to avoid welded thirds.

I'm on the d44 side still. They're cheap, common and can easily be stiffened up. Plus the pinion position is higher than a LP9"

Oh BTW... Hi. It's Travis.

My issue with staying 44 is the only way to stay 35 spline is to repair or replace the ARB and keep it.

I think we really want the simplicity and reliability of a spool, and there is no 35 spline dana 44 spool available.

My issue with staying 44 is the only way to stay 35 spline is to repair or replace the ARB and keep it.

I think we really want the simplicity and reliability of a spool, and there is no 35 spline dana 44 spool available.

I did not know that, but as lowrange said... Have you considered having one made?

why? why go through that kind of work?

a shaved 60 has the same clearance as a 44, is stronger and uses off the shelf parts - probably for less than the cost of having a spool broached.

same story with a 9.

Back