• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

Still the same dana 44 / WJ hybrid we built the car on.

... we're working on something new, though. :)

I know where there's a really bitching 60-9 with diamond housings, ctm shafts and reid D60 knuckles. :) I think front axles just yield to the Cal cloud.

That red east bay toyota rocked the whoops, but you guys babied it through them. Towards the end I think I saw you guys bomb through the whoops with no problem. Why were you guys holding back there?

Anyways, you guys did a great job, and congrats on the win!

Props to the guys in the red Toy, they were surprisingly fast. We knew we could win if we didn't break, so we took a fairly conservative approach to the race. We went fast through the whoops on the 1st lap to not let the other two cars get too far ahead of us, and then again on the last lap to remind everyone we could. We could have easily run the whoops all day, but didn't need to. We also knew we could break in the rocks, so we took it easy. We didn't poke along, just didn't push it. We were fast everywhere else without having to push or risk the car, so we hauled ass through the rest of the course and got more air on the jumps than anyone else did.

This was our first time racing a short course, so we had to kind of figure things out. The white XJ and the red Toy are regulars there, so they knew what to do, yet they both pushed too hard and broke trying to stay with us. If we race there again, we'll blast the whoops every lap, and get even bigger air on the jumps. This car can handle it.

Hmm. Somehow it was a lot more interesting in person. ;)

Last edited:
the first min or more looks slow motion?

Was that just in pre running or something?

Did the stage 8 locks hold up to the spindle breaking?

Curious how tough they are.

They held up great - although it wasn't that kind of a spindle break. The stub broke jagged and beat the living snot out of the seal surface.

2013-04-05_13-39-33_682_zpsd0c85596.jpg

Since we run Bobby Long spindle bushings instead of needle bearings, I could if I needed to pound a new bushing in and run this as a spare still.

2012-01-19_12-53-19_956.jpg

Last edited:
that's awesome!

Back