• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TC Lockup

That is why I made my own I wanted to be able to skip gears and have full control. Is my diagram confusing? What are you wanting yours to do exactly?

If you want it really cheep and basic you can do it all with 3 switches. one for each solnoid.

I sent it this morning. How bout this so I dont get emails mixed up everyone can send me a email at [email protected] and I will send out the diagram. my internet at home is down but maybe soon I can send some pictures of the set up. Mine is different than BrettM's it has a button for each gear instead of a up (hi) and down (low) button.

imfrankyj said:
I sent it this morning. How bout this so I dont get emails mixed up everyone can send me a email at [email protected] and I will send out the diagram. my internet at home is down but maybe soon I can send some pictures of the set up. Mine is different than BrettM's it has a button for each gear instead of a up (hi) and down (low) button.

But other than that difference is there any? I put it in drive, and choose which gear i want it in? Momentary switch right? so i dont have to turn one off and then the other back on?

its almost worth 123 bucks to not have to fool with all that, tho i like the design i dont have the time to sit down and work on that... Thanks tho.

yeah they are pretty close. you are right Bretts looks like a good deal when you consider the time and supplies. If you like how his works and have the money I would go with his.

lowrange2 said:
I can see now that im gunna have to pay 123.00 for BrettMs design. I'm gunna be pissed if its only a lil box with some wires goin in it and a shitty diagram and i sitll have to figure it all out. I can that myself. I do want it to work exactly how BrettM describes it to work.
I got bretts shifter and it is a nice looking box with wires coming out. A nice dial and a switch for the TC. Very easy to install, with good instructions. Wires are all color coded, and the unit works just like advertised.

jrowell said:
I got bretts shifter and it is a nice looking box with wires coming out. A nice dial and a switch for the TC. Very easy to install, with good instructions. Wires are all color coded, and the unit works just like advertised.

Worth the money? How long did it take to install? and you buy your own switchs and leds and add them to the box?

imfrankyj - I got your diagram but I am not so good with the symbols and such. But was wondering if you could take a picture of the actual work you did? Also i didn't see where it says what color whires connect to which gear. thanks

the arrow things with a line is a diode and the relays are boxed in and the buttons are the break in the circuit coming from the battery. I cant remimber the colors I can look but they must change with the year since mine didnt match anything I found on line so I just found the wires that went to the trans and put power to different ones and the ones that made a click sound in the trans are the Solinoid ones. Then I drove it putting power to different ones to figure out which ones they were. I will try to send a picture this weekend.

lowrange2 said:
Worth the money? How long did it take to install? and you buy your own switchs and leds and add them to the box?
If you milk the install it can take 2-or three hours. The wiring is super easy, puting the switch and knob somewhere that look profesional took the most time for me. I just got the Knob selector, and switch for the TC lock-up. It was worth it for me to be able to lock it in first and come down a long steep hill. before it would always shift to second. I'm still trying to get my TC to lock-up, but that is a mechanical issue...

Back