• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tax Plans

TRNDRVR said:
Never lived in Orange County.

Lived in Whittier until I was 13.

Ahh, figured you were talking about Orange County since you were talking to Karstic about it and he's one fo those Orange County boys....

RichP said:
You would need two additional people, armed with 2x4's standing behind both 'debators' to whack them when they started politicizing, at 5-90's direction of course :D :D :D

5-90 said:
Do I get a bit of dimension lumber and discretion to apply FM22-102/AFI22-102 at will? (I'm a big guy, I'm damn sure going to keep that stick. For those of you unfamiliar with FM22-102, Google it. Enjoy...)

We could be traditional and go lumber, or we could wire them up to electro-shock therapy, only with 5-90 having sole control (sorta like the Simpson's little family therapy session).

I'll leave it to the Moderator's discretion - although if you go with lumber, expect a long line from NAXJA to volunteer....

Rob

Sure you here about all the tax breaks that the rebublicans give to the wealthy but currently as in I just read this in a comparison of the two canidates: Even with the tax breaks that the GOP has given to the wealthy the top 20 percent of housholds still pay a whoping 70 of the federal income tax. Obama said this week that he won't tax those over 65 who make under 50,000 dollars a year. My grandma makes about 35,000 a year between SS and dividends from stocks. Obama wants to increase the tax on dividends therefore taxing my grandma anyway. On top of this many companies are starting to pay less in dividends if at all. So why not sell the stock? Well he wants to riase the tax on capital gains as well so when he says he wont tax seniors in that income bracket he is full of shit.

jdurbach said:
Sure you here about all the tax breaks that the rebublicans give to the wealthy but currently as in I just read this in a comparison of the two canidates: Even with the tax breaks that the GOP has given to the wealthy the top 20 percent of housholds still pay a whoping 70 of the federal income tax. Obama said this week that he won't tax those over 65 who make under 50,000 dollars a year. My grandma makes about 35,000 a year between SS and dividends from stocks. Obama wants to increase the tax on dividends therefore taxing my grandma anyway. On top of this many companies are starting to pay less in dividends if at all. So why not sell the stock? Well he wants to riase the tax on capital gains as well so when he says he wont tax seniors in that income bracket he is full of shit.
:huh:

jdurbach said:

Um. What? Paragraphs, boy, paragraphs! They help to organise thoughts into some semblance of coherency...

Second, this is why I've long been an advocate of the flat tax or NRST - and scrapping 26CFR (the Internal Revenue Code) altogether. When you can't get a straight answer out of the people who actually write and enforce the rules, there's something seriously wrong.

GSequoia said:
Ahh, figured you were talking about Orange County since you were talking to Karstic about it and he's one fo those Orange County boys....

Grew up in LA County, moved to Orange County...I chose to leave SwilLA

TRNDRVR said:
Little neighborhood at First and Lambert.

Hmmm, right by the RR tracks, ever ride your bike at the Pit?

TRNDRVR said:
Haven't lived there since 1975.

Was Barro's Pizza at First and Leffingwell, yet?

TRNDRVR said:
Now I'll give up my age saying I remember when it came out. I saw it at the Fashion Square Mall (Beach Blvd and Imperial Hwy) way back in the early 70's.

72? 74? I don't exactly remember when.

Think that movie would be 'PC' by today's standards? :dunno:

Not when the new Stiller movie is getting raked over the coals for using "Retard"

Back