• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tapatalk

razdrvr

NAXJA Forum User
I recently found a new app on my iphone. Tapatalk. I can't find NAXJA on the app, but it says to contact the forum admin to have tapatalk activated. The app says it's free to activate. I'm on other forums for other subjects. I have found many that I'm able to access on Tapatalk. So will this work for NAXJA?

This software has been talked about by our forum admins and the BOD. Seems like it should work well for NAXJA, just need to get the many other important tasks out of the way first.

I recently found a new app on my iphone. Tapatalk. I can't find NAXJA on the app, but it says to contact the forum admin to have tapatalk activated. The app says it's free to activate. I'm on other forums for other subjects. I have found many that I'm able to access on Tapatalk. So will this work for NAXJA?

I am not familiar with this phone app. Tell me more about what it has to offer. I have been looking at a better way to browse the forum from my phone.

mac 'being on the BOD i could help sell it to the BOD' gyvr

Mac, it does not have to be sold to the BOD. It has been brough up before, and will likely been set-up once a few updates are outta the way. Just a matter of time right now. :)

You didn't explain what it is?

mac 'or a link...and in simple terms' gyvr

Tapatalk is an application for iPhones and Android phones. Don't think it's available for Crackberries, or anything else. It relies on a custom display driver that's loaded into the bulletin board system. The idea is to bypass most of the HTML overhead and display the forums inside the Tapatalk application which will do all of the formatting and display.

It's both good and bad. Good in that it's a fast transfer. Bad in that the site admins have much less control over appearance via the Tapatalk interface.

Looks like it supports BlackBerries now too, per their site...

I'd use it. Right now I have a BlackBerry but my next phone is Android based (also supported :thumbup:)

Ah.... BB is in public beta. And apparently, it's available for at least some Nokia devices.

Been using it on ExpeditionPortal for awhile now. Love it love it love it.

I really hope you guys bring it here. For us who live on our phones and don't have access to a regular computer very often its like a gift from the gods.

Back