• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tailpipe Rubbing on LeafSprings

TYphoon

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I just put a Thrush Turbo Muffler on my jeep as well as a 7" adapter, and a larger 2.25" O.D. tailpipe. It was a bit of a pain because the old brackets were so rusted, but I got it all off and and the new stuff on. It sounds great! But it seems to be rubbing ever so slightly on my leafs. Now, I am going to be getting 2" Shackles and 2" coil spacers soon so shouldn't that get it out of the way? Or will I still have a problem? Any idea's would be greatly appreciated!
Jeep292.jpg

Jeep293.jpg

Haha my dad said no. Cause it wouldnt pass inspection and I could get exhaust fumes inside and die. And I already spent the $. No way. But I have been driving around alot and its BARELY rubbing. Just a little scuff

ya I'd say just bend the hanger so it moves the pipe away just a tad.

shouldn't be much trouble, quick, and cheap too.

Bend the hanger or dent the exhaust pipe to keep it off. My exhaust rattles against the shackle sometimes and mine is longer than stock, so the problem won't go away with a 2" shackle.

I have a dynomax tailpipe that comes out between the receiver hitch and the leaf spring. It was rubbing a little bit so I used my floorjack and a couple boards to lift a benchvise up in there and just oval the end of the pipe in that little 6" spot. It worked great and didn't rub at all until I was wheelin and came off a ledge that flattened it the other direction.

i used a half inch piece of plastic as a spacer where it bolts up and now it stays just under the leafs.

i used a half inch piece of plastic as a spacer where it bolts up and now it stays just under the leafs.

Yeah I was thinking about that right before I went to bed last night. I am going to mess around with it today. Im in no hurry because it is barely even leaving a scuff mark thats how minimal the rubbing is

Messed around with it today with an extra pair of hands, got it to stop rubbing, and there was a small leak at one of my joints, so I fixed that too! It is poifect now :D

Back