• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TailBone by Detours Announcement:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotcha........I simply can't control mother nature or supplying vendors.........this is why I still find myself working 7 days a week........quality over quantity is the goal, I dont think we're too far off on dates considering. I know most want to be positive, but a someone who's positive in emails, just to backlash on public forums......sets me off. The customer is always right........until..
I did not mean to be negative in any way, I am looking forward to getting my spare tire out of the inside of my Jeep to the outside of the Jeep. You have always replied fast to my emails and have been very infomative to what has delayed your process. :cheers:

I did not mean to be negative in any way, I am looking forward to getting my spare tire out of the inside of my Jeep to the outside of the Jeep. You have always replied fast to my emails and have been very infomative to what has delayed your process. :cheers:

You and I are still good, understanding........

IMG_0255.jpg

Picture%20921.jpg

Mine has been up and down CA & NV and I still love it! Thanks Mark!

Josh

Question about the Backbone set up.....

I'm seeing two different versions - one with the d-ring mounts low on the bumper, and another with the d-ring mounts up high by the winch plate.

Which location is current? Or is this an option and I'm not seeing it listed...... :dunno:

Question about the Backbone set up.....

I'm seeing two different versions - one with the d-ring mounts low on the bumper, and another with the d-ring mounts up high by the winch plate.

Which location is current? Or is this an option and I'm not seeing it listed...... :dunno:

YELLA, up high is the change I moved to in '09, prior to '09....they were down low, it's not an option to move the recovery points.

Tailbone mods!

Bolted a bicycle fork mount to the tailbone so I could haul my bike on vacation while still packing the inside of the jeep full of crap.

photobucket-78223-1318340621004.jpg

I sure wish I had gotten a tailbone while they were available. My backbone is awesome.

Oh the JOY of the internet...........
After 45 minutes of attempting to figure out who "paul04tj" is.....I only come to learn it's the father of the son who ordered the system, the son has been "well" advised through facebook of the standing of the order........thru-out. The 'son' offered apologize for his badgering to me today....yet, I log on here to only to find nonsense......

I dropped the sale of TailBones for just this reason, I've explained to all parties involved within this order of the reason for delay, yet.......for what ever reason........they rant on online forums.....

I'll leave it at that, no one has ever been screwed by Detours ,I'm a small, build to order company, if you can't deal with that........I suggest using possibly considering chosing a catalog company supplying inported parts next time.

I'm sorry for the nagative reply, but every action one makes, creates a reaction which isn't always positive.

Sorry NAXJA readers, I dont feature a drive thru window.......even the best informed customers can create negative feedback, which is counterproductive since I'm now typing this...........and not fabricating.......

Mark,

I apoligize as well. My son did not place the order, I did. I understand your supplier issues, remember, I'm in supplier quality at Chrysler.

I was curious if anyone that ordered before your cutoff date had gotten it yet?
We've had good communication from day one. Quick response to my emails, which I haven't been badgering you with. I think I've sent three or four emails since the beginning of August, one of which was regarding the A-pillar brackets.

I didn't come on here to Rant about it. Didn't come on here to give you negative feedback.

:peace:
Paul

I would have tossed a photo of this great system in as well, but Mark beat me to it. The Jeep in the first pic is mine. The Tailbone has met if not exceeded all my expectations and dealing with Mark has always been a pleasure. This is a product that is well designed and worth the wait. Hopefully we will see its return soon.

Mark,

I apoligize as well. My son did not place the order, I did. I understand your supplier issues, remember, I'm in supplier quality at Chrysler.

I was curious if anyone that ordered before your cutoff date had gotten it yet?
We've had good communication from day one. Quick response to my emails, which I haven't been badgering you with. I think I've sent three or four emails since the beginning of August, one of which was regarding the A-pillar brackets.

I didn't come on here to Rant about it. Didn't come on here to give you negative feedback.

:peace:
Paul

Happy endings are better than......'to be continued'......and that's enough said.......

Paul, I stated in conversation it would ship this week, and it has.....look for it Monday/Tuesday on your doorstep, via FedEx. Please email me or call if you need further info, I'm available 7 days a week. Hope you/your son, enjoy the system as much as others have.

Hey Mark,

Sorry to see you stop production. I have to agree with you on the lots of parts aspect. When I initially opened the box I thought "oh wow this is gonna be interesting". I could see mods to the Jeep in my future. I do have to also say that even though the XJ has differences from vehicle to vehicle, the sytem went together like a well made watch and was just as described on your site.

Your quality is still showing. I even had some guy chase me into a parking lot today and try to buy my XJ. When I told him no, his first comment was to ask about my rear tire carrier and where I had gotten it.

If you are ever here in Wyoming look me up, you have the number. The door and the fishing hole are always open.

I sure wish I had gotten a tailbone while they were available. My backbone is awesome.

This is a 'general' reply to those with continued intrest, but I qouted Ed's reply cuzz he's a laid back kinda fella.......Hope things are well Ed....

Detours is still/continues to accept/agree to 1-2 orders a week for those will to accept aprox. time frames and have patience......I can currently accept no more than that, pretty much end of story.
Part of the above 'Paul's' frustration came from something I or no one else had control over but somehow has to deal with. As Detours was attempting to take control of an overly popular product.......Mother Nature took over and destroyed the flow of parts from my source......I was backlogged already, this compounded the issue 3 fold without warning.
Loss of power for 7+ days along with the neglect of acclimating the building to suitable humiity levels took it's toll on the machine shop providing our hinge barrels, mother boards burned up, additional time was lost.......and on the CNC machine used to produce our barrels cost $4,000 dollars to repair/upgrade.........lucky, not out of my pocket.....It has since been upgraded, parts are flowing.........yet none of this helped my existing backlog as you can imagine.......3 weeks were lost, my back up source had a 2.5 week backlog themselves.......no easy answers......
It comes down to a little patience on TailBones, I produce more than TailBones, those orders need to be filled as well.....which brings us back to the orig. post.....I do have 2 companies with intrest taking over, but nothing in concrete.....we'll see how that goes, meanwhile........I'll deal with things as best as possible and continue to provide the best product I know how........

Hope you'all enjoy your wheeling, I'll continue to support as best as possible!!!!

Last edited:
Hey Mark,

Sorry to see you stop production. I have to agree with you on the lots of parts aspect. When I initially opened the box I thought "oh wow this is gonna be interesting". I could see mods to the Jeep in my future. I do have to also say that even though the XJ has differences from vehicle to vehicle, the sytem went together like a well made watch and was just as described on your site.

Your quality is still showing. I even had some guy chase me into a parking lot today and try to buy my XJ. When I told him no, his first comment was to ask about my rear tire carrier and where I had gotten it.

If you are ever here in Wyoming look me up, you have the number. The door and the fishing hole are always open.

Thankyou sir, if ever able to remove m body from the shop, I'm there.........expecting good things!! Thankyou for your support!

Mark,
Great job, install was a breeze, minus the tar like undercoating covering the hitch bolts!
Looks good. Now the kid just needs to wash the rest of his Jeep.
Or get the new paint dirty.

picture.php

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back