• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TailBone by Detours Announcement:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad you can't find any talent.

You should look in on us from time to time. You know what I mean.

If you're refering to the old haunt.......I know what you mean and I think I've been "discontinued" as I've tried.....Hope the gang is well! I may have to create a new log in and deal with the grief if time permits. Who knows!!

Thankyou to those with all the positive comments.......99.999% of my feedback has been positive with the product!! It's great, but it's a bear on my end!!

What's the word on that hitch mounted carrier that was posted on facebook? Is that taking the place of the Tailbone?

Word is it's just another option.......I always looked at them as quirky booty fab........but then I gave it a HOLE lot more thought and made it as best as it could be, even side swing.....more to come on the item very soon, here.....on NAXJA!

Thankyou puttzer!!!

"I need to order one of those tail bones!" *Clicks through Vendor forums for information.*

*Starts banging head against desk.*

I really hope production comes back on this! I was going to install one on the show Jeep I am building.

Hey Mark... sorry to hear about the logistical issues man. Finding the right people to do the right job is never easy.

For the record, the Detours Tailbone is one of the best investments I have made to date for the XJ. Loving the ease of use, and the functionality. I have no doubt that it is a great seller... and your customer first customer service is second to none. Not to mention the build quality is superb.

Installed!

6a1e121d.jpg

0d485886.jpg

I am also looking forward to the TailBones return to production. Sense its' not coming up on your web sight, I'm wondering if a 5 gal can carrier is offered with it?

Has anyone got their tailbone yet?
Ordered it Aug 3rd.:flamemad:

I thought he said he was so overwhelmed with orders that it was going to be awhile before he could fill them all and then maybe start taking orders again. It will definately be worth the wait when you get it,I'm sure. Also have you contacted. Him aabout the status of your order? He's always answered my emails relitively quickly which makes for better customer service

Last edited:
Oh the JOY of the internet...........
After 45 minutes of attempting to figure out who "paul04tj" is.....I only come to learn it's the father of the son who ordered the system, the son has been "well" advised through facebook of the standing of the order........thru-out. The 'son' offered apologize for his badgering to me today....yet, I log on here to only to find nonsense......

I dropped the sale of TailBones for just this reason, I've explained to all parties involved within this order of the reason for delay, yet.......for what ever reason........they rant on online forums.....

I'll leave it at that, no one has ever been screwed by Detours ,I'm a small, build to order company, if you can't deal with that........I suggest using possibly considering chosing a catalog company supplying inported parts next time.

I'm sorry for the nagative reply, but every action one makes, creates a reaction which isn't always positive.

Sorry NAXJA readers, I dont feature a drive thru window.......even the best informed customers can create negative feedback, which is counterproductive since I'm now typing this...........and not fabricating.......

Puttzer/Lutz....................We've been in contact, today..........I'll tell every one as I told you.......Hinge Barrels for the product has been/was
delayed by Huricane Irene and the effects it caused to the supplying machine shop in Connecticut........this machine shop has supplied barrels
for 11 years and has done work for me for over 20 years......I cant fix Mother Nature, nore date her..........I'm on schedule as best as possible as I prevoiusly discribed within an email.

Last edited:
Puttzer/Lutz....................We've been in contact, today..........I'll tell every one as I told you.......Hinge Barrels for the product has been/was
delayed by Huricane Irene and the effects it caused to the supplying machine shop in Connecticut........this machine shop has supplied barrels
for 11 years and has done work for me for over 20 years......I cant fix Mother Nature, nore date her..........I'm on schedule as best as possible as I prevoiusly discribed within an email.
Mark, I was in no way complaing, I only stated that I had not got mine and had been in contact with you and you had supplier issues as you have explained. I am trying to stay in touch so I can figure a time to install when I recieve my Tailbone. I am not upset at all that my order has taken longer than promised, just want a quality product to mount my spare tire that's why I went with the Tailbone.

Mark, I was in no way complaing, I only stated that I had not got mine and had been in contact with you and you had supplier issues as you have explained. I am trying to stay in touch so I can figure a time to install when I recieve my Tailbone. I am not upset at all that my order has taken longer than promised, just want a quality product to mount my spare tire that's why I went with the Tailbone.

I gotcha........I simply can't control mother nature or supplying vendors.........this is why I still find myself working 7 days a week........quality over quantity is the goal, I dont think we're too far off on dates considering. I know most want to be positive, but a someone who's positive in emails, just to backlash on public forums......sets me off. The customer is always right........until..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back