• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tahuya sunday

SETH count me in, what time do we leave and i think i will meet you at your place on the way outta town if that is okay.....
this depends on how much money i have but i should be able to go...this will be a shakedown run for me so i might take some bypasses.....

-PJ-

Last edited:
SETH count me in, what time do we leave and i think i will meet you at your place on the way outta town if that is okay.....
this depends on how much money i have but i should be able to go...this will be a shakedown run for me so i might take some bypasses.....

-PJ-

i will be leaving from my house at about 7:30 am.. and yes you can meet me at my house. is ed going to show?

No he is working on his front drive shaft....how long of a drive is it to tahuya?
Who else is going?
Hopefully i will be able to make it...i am putting my new tires on this after noon so I really wanna test en out!!

-PJ-

No he is working on his front drive shaft....how long of a drive is it to tahuya?
Who else is going?
Hopefully i will be able to make it...i am putting my new tires on this after noon so I really wanna test en out!!

-PJ-

well, if they all show up it will be.

me (94 xj), my older brother (89 xj), friend (77 cj7), friend (78 cj7), friend (96 explorer), friend (quad), neighbor (89 xj)... andi think that is all.

from olympia it is 42 miles.

umm...about how much fuel do you use to get up there, wheel, and get back?

google maps says its 84 miles to get there and the same to get back......

that means it would take 2 tanks of gas to get there and back

-PJ-

Last edited:
umm...about how much fuel do you use to get up there, wheel, and get back?

google maps says its 84 miles to get there and the same to get back......

that means it would take 2 tanks of gas to get there and back

-PJ-

the town of tahuya is out alot further than the trail. i drove my truck towing my jeep on a trailer there and back on a 1/2 tank.i used about 1/8 tanke in the jeep 4wheeling. call me if you want.

OK SO...me and tim are in...just my jeep tho....(hope it does better than this evening...) we will meet you at your place about 7:15 on sunday morning. Anything special I should bring?

OK SO...me and tim are in...just my jeep tho....(hope it does better than this evening...) we will meet you at your place about 7:15 on sunday morning. Anything special I should bring?

dont feal bad, the only time i have used the winch was to pull someone out.:helpme: never myself.... yet that is!:laugh3:

did you take photos of your "stuck" tonight?

So, yeah, anyway.... You should have no issues. As Rich mentioned, I ran it totally bone stock with no trouble. And here's my last trip:

227-1.jpg

236.jpg

239.jpg

201.jpg

Somebody else in our group:

114.jpg

Be afraid...be very afraid. I's say 3/4 axles and at least 37's...just to make it in the parking lot.

-----Matt-----

well i just put on some beefy tires but need to do some fender trimming as they rub a little....pretty sure im not down to *uck up my rig....its not like im made of money....im stock except for the lift and tires...stock gears and axles....

-PJ-

3 weekends in a row of Tahuya is about my limit. Maybe next time.

Is it cool if i come. im sort of new to Lacey and looking for some XJ buddys. ive got a 98 on 3.5 with 32s all the tow points and tools i should need and if its ok i was going to bring my buddy and his TJ. thx guys

Back