• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE + Driveshaft...under $100.00 (not 56k friendly)

I was not sure either. :dunno:

Sorry to get your hopes up garr and then crush them....

Me----> :doh:

I gave up & ordered the 3103-27CV yoke from Six States Driveline yesterday. As soon as it arrives I will start working on Hacking/Tapping the spare NP242 I have sitting in my Garage.
I think I am also going to go with a Grand Cherokee front shaft this time, The extra 1" should work well.

Those yokes were never put on a vehicle from the factory. Ive done the research. Someone prove me wrong. Show me a picture, catalog, OEM part number? If you go to auto part websites or books and look at pictures for the yokes on the above vehicles it shows something totally different.

I used a yoke from a Chevy something or another on my My advanced adapters SYE to fit a standard jeep 1310 ujoint (IE a front shaft).. I don't know the exact model but I guarantee it's not an aftermarket part.

Someone prove me wrong. Show me a picture, catalog, OEM part number?

I used a yoke from a Chevy something or another on my My advanced adapters SYE to fit a standard jeep 1310 ujoint (IE a front shaft).. I don't know the exact model but I guarantee it's not an aftermarket part.

haha thanks...... That was pretty much the whole point of this thread that the guy found a yoke that worked on the Cherokee's. But no one can produce any info on it.

Last edited:
somebody hurry up and find some info on this! im doing junkyard runs this week and would like to grab one of these yokes

i just read thru this.
cool project, thumbsup to the OP and everyone else who provided info.:cool:

my question is in reguards to a H+T of this style but using single u-joints at both ends with a CV driveshaft. possibly a stock front shaft from a V8 ZJ, to make up the length lost with single u-joints instead of the double cardan style.
my understanding is that you wouldnt need to use axle shims with single u-joints on each end since the pinion and output shaft work best in this configuration when they are parallel to each other.....
1zntvs8.jpg

or running this slip yoke (provided it is a matching diameter as the output)....
http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/p9_corvette_transmission_slip_yoke_1310_series_u_bolt_style_27_.htmlhttp://images.google.com/imgres?img...vette+transmission+yoke+27+spline&gbv=2&hl=en

something like this could possibly mean you dont have to cut down your output shaft. all you would have to do is remove the double cardon knuckle from the stock front driveshaft and bolt it into that style slip yoke.

any thoughts on that?

i just read thru this.
cool project, thumbsup to the OP and everyone else who provided info.:cool:

my question is in reguards to a H+T of this style but using single u-joints at both ends with a CV driveshaft. possibly a stock front shaft from a V8 ZJ, to make up the length lost with single u-joints instead of the double cardan style.
my understanding is that you wouldnt need to use axle shims with single u-joints on each end since the pinion and output shaft work best in this configuration when they are parallel to each other.....

or running this slip yoke (provided it is a matching diameter as the output)....
http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/p9_corvette_transmission_slip_yoke_1310_series_u_bolt_style_27_.htmlhttp://images.google.com/imgres?img...vette+transmission+yoke+27+spline&gbv=2&hl=en

something like this could possibly mean you dont have to cut down your output shaft. all you would have to do is remove the double cardon knuckle from the stock front driveshaft and bolt it into that style slip yoke.

any thoughts on that?

Cutting the output shaft is key in reducing the lateral pressure on your output bearing - it's really what kills it.. but yes, you're correct you could do that. A shaft from an auto V8 front would be the longest that I could think of...However, Last time I was at the wreckers there were TONS of different length ones..not just like..four or five different lengths, but dozens.

for doing this mod, would it be better to use a coarse or fine thread pitch in the output shaft?

My first guess is that it wouldn't matter since there's no force being applied.. I'd recommend coarse thread because it's more common on other parts of the truck. Maybe find another part and use the same bolt..so if things are lost and worse comes to worse..you can rob peter to pay paul.. or rob your bumper so you can get home.

MY 3103-27CV yoke arrived yesterday, My question is should I just drill through the center cap? Is the center cap strong enough or should I knock it out & use a heavy duty washer instead?

Knock it out and use a washer. I got real cool and machined out a 1/4" thick washer that fits perfect and also used a transfer punch to find center.

Dave

MY 3103-27CV yoke arrived yesterday, My question is should I just drill through the center cap? Is the center cap strong enough or should I knock it out & use a heavy duty washer instead?

What did you pay garr?

Back