• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE and disco ???

Crunch

NAXJA Forum User
I am putting an Advanced Adapters HD SYE in my 88 with a disco front axle. On the t-case there was a fitting with 4 vacuum connectors that I believe are for the disco on the axle. The AA housing does not have this. How will this affect my axle?

Thanks,
Crunch

That sounds like the diconnect switch.

But I have a 207 and I cannot remember where it is located on the case. Isn't it on the front of the T/c and not the rear output housing?

And since I'm working on this t-case with Crunch....

What we did was to install the Tera 2-low mode fork kit and the Advanced Adapter's HD SYE kit in the 231 T-case.

When we put the case halves back together, we noticed that the new tail shaft housing doesn't have a threaded port for the vacuum switch that was screwed into the original tail shaft housing. I'm assuming that this vacuum switch opens to vacuum when putting the t-case into 4wd which then sends vacuum to lock in the D30 axle.

Now, the AA tail shaft housing does have a bolt and nylon washer in the end of the guide bore that the end of the fork shaft sits in. Do we remove that bolt and washer and attach the vacuum switch there? The switch mounts to the top side of this guide bore, so mounting the switch to the end of the AA tail shaft housing seems unusual.

Anyone else installed this kit in their 80's XJ with the disco front axle?

Thanks in advance!
Troy

Well, while I was typing my post, you guys answered our question! Thanks a bunch guys! :D

Back