• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sway bar

How can it just be missing?................
x2! Im on 5.5 and can lift tires cornering without a swaybar, carve corners connected. It does help more than some think. I recommend running a swaybar and disconnects. Its better to choose than not have a choice

Last edited:
You need the lean for weight transfer in the corners. It's how all the road racers do it.

im running 35's. i think all i would have to do is remove a spring in the back and the spacer up front and it will be 6.5 lift but i do like the clearance though
You can come up and grab the swaybar I've got sitting around AND we can trim your fenders so you can get a little lower :) Plus we can also modify the flares and re-mount them to keep the cops happy, as I know how ridiculous they are.

From experience, no swaybars is XXXXing moronic. Screw the rear, IIRC Jeep stopped putting them back there 97+ except for tow-package equipped rigs. But nothing up front, especially on that much lift is stupid. The swaybars aren't only there to help counteract the intial lean, they help with the 'snap-back' when you slide or something, then the vehicle whips back the other way and then catches traction. Having done no swaybars for about a week and had a back tire come off the ground during such an occasion (black ice), it's not fun... especially with someone's younger kid in the car.

I've been running 5.5" lift with no sways for street duties the last few months (about 4k miles so far) and it's fine. Corners are fun, I've gotten my rear tire off the ground a couple times but it's never been anything I couldn't control/correct.

With that said, I should hook the swaybar up...I'm just lazy. In fact I'll probably go do that right now.

~Scott

Corners are fun, I've gotten my rear tire off the ground a couple times but it's never been anything I couldn't control/correct.
~Scott

You rolled your rig into a puddle, you shouldn't talk about what you can and cannot control.;)

Sway bars are there for that "oh shit" situation; someone cuts you off, a kid runs in front of your vehicle and you need to swerve hard to avoid an accident. If you don't run them on the street you are endangering yourself and other people.

-Alex

You rolled your rig into a puddle, you shouldn't talk about what you can and cannot control.;)

:sure:
Jerk.

:rattle:

~Scott

hey thoses mud puddles can bad lol. Hey jeeper i will have to hitt you up on that. Since bening in the military i couldnt bring my tools with me :(( Me and my wrangler friends are prob. going to go to mtn rainier or bellevue this weekend if i can get my front gears and locker put in.

sent you another pm bud :)

Back