• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway bar link rubbing on spring?

That can be done too but you have to know as well as any that the guy will probably go higher in the future. So, why not invest in a quality one like an RE, TNT, or IRO trackbar. :dunno: Remember this is just my opinion i'm not trying to start a war here! :D

I also don't think you are lying about rusty's stuff but the rigs i've seen with it haven't had any major issues.

hes trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible right now.

Royal you should come up one of these days to Manchester and help me re-drill my track bar :)

Then we can go to greenwood forest and wheel/trail ride a bit.

Here is how I fixed my sway bar rub. A couple of pieces of bar stock to move them forward a few inches
SSPX0041.jpg

SSPX0042.jpg

hes trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible right now.

I understand cheap but thats just one of the areas i don't want to be cheap in myself.

When I put my RC 4.5" lift on, the instructions said to drill another hole .75 inch toward the drivers side which I did. After the lift, I did get an alignment - I can do 80mph down the parkway no wobble.

With 3" lift, I don't know if you would need to move the axle side trac bar mount over as far - maybe .50inch. Only problem there is that you will have two holes pretty close and any wallowing out would severely weaken that trac bar mount. I would definitely suggest filling the original/factory hole with a bolt and heavy duty washers on either side with a lock washer and nut to give a little added strength. At least the factory mounting hole won't give and shouldn't weaken your new mounting hole.

Here is a link to what you need. 4 bolts and $39 and your problem is solved for the sway bar rub. http://www.rocky-road.com/xjdiscon.html Just get the extension kit, you dont need the quick disconnects unless you want them.

As far as the adj. TB I installed one on both my MJ and XJ each with between 3.5" - 5" of lift depending on what I am running and even at 3" it made a big difference. Here is a link to the one I bought, easy and tough. Works great. http://www.rocky-road.com/xjtrackbar.html

P.S. 92 and up XJ have longer sway bar arms, not sure what you drive but if it is pre 92 you might want to consider finding some at a JY.

Is it me or do the swaybar bushings look completely shot both at the endlinks and on the frame?

thats what i was saying in the other thread about his steering. with beat bushings the sway bar moves. sometime it slides and gets wedged for a second causing the jeep to pull to one side. thats what i was told by a few people.

it wouldnt get stuck at all having no sway a bar.

Last edited:
Back