• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway bar hits coils

Blk87xj

NAXJA Forum User
Front suspension is as follows

Re 5.5" coils + 1.75 spacers
Rc cad
Rc fixed lowers from 4.5" kit (16.25" eye to eye)
Re adjustable uppers
Jks quicker disconnects

So with my fixed lowers and cad it pushes my front axle forward which I really like. Only problem for me is the coil rubbing the end link. I've done some researching and I see that re has a 30 dollar kit to move sway bar forward and down. The question I have is couldn't I just move sway bar forward by putting rear bolt in stock front bolt hole and use something like a 3/8 self tapping bolt to attach the front. Would it hold and be safe? If so I see no reason not to fix my problem for 1.50 instead of 20 to 30 for the re kit after I shop around. Thanks for the help

A nut inserted into the rail would handle the stresses of the swaybar torsion, the self tapper wouldn't. A big issue you have is the combination of the CAD and 4 1/2" lowers... It pushed your axle too far forward. You're probably going to have other interference issues besides that as well. Either get long arms and eliminate the CAD, or get shorter/adjustable lowers and solve a couple issues at once...

It's the only problem I've came across. If possible I'd like to keep the axle that extra bit forward. I like the better approach it gives me. Yes putting a nut into the rail seems like a much better idea. Long arms would be optimal but I'm a breeder that pays a lot of child support. Long arms are out of the question for the time being.

Sounds like your Sway bar disco is too short? I believe that JKS makes 2 sizes for shorter and taller lifts.
Just curious,is that extra spacer really necessary? Chances are if you removed it, you would be able to adjust your disco's long enough to prevent the links from hitting.
With my DBO mid-arm kit my front axle is pushed forward about 1.5" Even when I was running my sway bar had no issues.

The problem with removing that is that I would have to change rear springs out to a 2" leaf pack to get even. Currently have 4" springs 1" drop shackle and rc shackle relocation kits. I would have a serious rake going on. I'd love to buy new shorter rear springs and remove spacer but I run back into the money issue for time being. Honestly I think that 1.75 drop would make the fixed lower push the axle forward to the point where I would start running into other issues. Not 100% sure I'm no expert. I just like thrashing on the thing.

Do you have a pic of the how the front sits currently?
How about removing the sway bar and running stiffer shocks up front?

It says I can't post pics. Black name member is why I'm assuming. Wouldn't the sway bar relocation bracket or a couple nuts in frame rail to move bar forward be a safer option?

Upload your photos to photobucket, tinypic.com, etc. Then use the

Anyone know how OP solved this problem? I'm running into the same issue on my 8" Long Arm lift and have thought of trying the same remedy. I had purchased the RE drop and relocation brackets but they didn't help so throwing in a nut into the frame rail was my next step.

You need discos that are longer. Not a drop bracket. If you have 8" of lift them you need them 8" longer than stock. The sway bar ends should be angled up pretty good not close to flat.

Not necessarily. If the axle is pushed forward enough longer links won't help. The drop bracket that RE makes or one similar would be the best solution

post pics. I have remedied this in other rigs by rotating the coils if they are bowed, adjusting the arms (upper in ) and also adding longer end links odor the disco.

I just remove the sway bar altogether.

Yeah Im just worried about sway during highway driving. I bought the RE drop Brackets and a 8" Quick Disco kit from 4WD HW. Ill try angling the bar up higher to see if that helps. Ill post pictures tomorrow or Saturday.

I am looking for sway bar relocations that just move the bar forward. I have seen them come in a lift kit somewhere. I just can't remember who sells them and I don't know if they sell them separately. My coils bow forward quite a bit for a few reasons. I currently run the sway bar at a low angle and let them hit the coils. I had the end links set longer for a while but ended up stabbing two holes in the inner fenders, breaking a click pin and bending the axle brackets in Johnson valley just dicking around on the lake-bed.

I am ordering re part # 9921 to hope that it will work. If not I'm just gonna remove the damn thing be done with it and just go slow around corners

I have a very heavy rig with a 3 link and no sway bars and it does just fine. Slow down on high speed corners and pay attention. Just drive appropriately.

Back