• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Super XJ Part-Out: 1989, 1990, 1996

ChicksDigWagons

NAXJA Forum User
So the realization has come that I have WAY too many XJs. (5 in total now) As well as BUCKETS of XJ parts I've been collecting over the years.

I'm scrapping (at least) three bodies as soon as I have time away from work to do it. They are as follows (I'll try to get more info and pictures when I'm home next):

2-Door 1990 Limited
Was originally a 4.0/AW4. Grey in color. Can not for the life of me remember whether it was originally a 242 or 231. Unsure of gears. Has two gold fine goldflake wheels (damn Nick for pilfering the other two ) Power everything. It currently has a seized 258 with a good FSJ TH400/Quadra-Trac (w/low range). Stock axles. Fairly unmolested interior. Wiring harness forward of the firewall is completely gone. Body is not all that bad, don't think there are any holes anywhere. But it's a little banged up. Tailgate is jacked. Currently a storage shed for Subaru parts.

4-Door 1989 Laredo
This came from Carl. Body basically doesn't have a panel worth saving, but it is grey (I think). Interior is very nice. 4.0/Aw4/242 (but I'm saving the transfer case). Lots of good parts mechanically on this one. I tried to get it going again as a personal mission but found out the ECU connector was growing green boogies and a couple of the PINs were so far gone they broke off when I unplugged it. Don't think it's worth the trouble to splice in a new connector. Trying a new ECU gave me no love even after cleaning the connector. I haven't done anything to this one but fiddle with the ECU and pull the plugs to check compression.

4-Door 1996 (sport maybe?)
This was my daily driver until the radiator gave way and I overheated it BAD on my way to the airport to catch a plane (I didn't make it either). 4.0HO/AW4/242 (I'm saving this T-case too). I'm 95% sure it has 3.55 gears. Chrysler rear end of course. I have not pulled a shaft but I'll just assume it's a 27 spline (there is plenty of debate whether ANY 96's had 29s...) It drove and shifted great until the disaster. Body is a little rough but some salvageable parts. It's the almost purple blue color (ugly). Lots of good parts left on this one overall. It would have almost been worth fixing if I didn't have enough Jeep related problems to deal with. The disassembly has started on this one already.

In addition to these three Jeeps I have a handful of Dana 30s and Dana 35s. Possibly another 27 spline Chrysler axle floating around. Two HO heads. One Renix head. A couple 231s (21 and 23 spline, unsure of stickout). A couple loose AW4s. NO AX-15s to spare though. Plus a few extra hatches, more driveshafts than you can shake a stick at, some exhaust manifolds, more tail lights and head lights and corner lights and plugs and sensors and who knows what else lurking in the dark corners of the manor.

I can be a little difficult to get ahold of (and I apologize for those of you who've tried to reach me in the past). I work out of town (like other side of the country typically) and am only home every other weekend at best. Between family time and me time I generally don't have much time to deal with things like this. However, I am attempting to take the summer off starting mid June (mainly to downsize the fleet!). So if there are any parts you're interested in let me know and I'll tell you when to remind me to look when I'm home, take pictures, whatever. Not looking to get rich here, just want the stuff gone and I hate to see good parts get crushed if I can help it.

Best way to get in touch with me is via email: [email protected]

Everything is located in Marquette, MI. I could be convinced to deliver some of the bigger parts within a few hundred miles I think.

Last edited:
Well.. if the 90 had a CAD-axle then it would have been a 231. If not then it would be a 242.

Well.. if the 90 had a CAD-axle then it would have been a 231. If not then it would be a 242.

Yup, you're right on. But I don't remember for the life of me which axle it has either. I haven't peeked under there in ages, and I'm 2300 miles from it right now. :-(

I'll be home from work over the weekend and I'm going to take a more accurate inventory!

Think any of your xj's have this section of harness around?

It's for the alternator I know it's not much but it's been a constant problem for me

Think any of your xj's have this section of harness around?

It's for the alternator I know it's not much but it's been a constant problem for me

I'm not sure which section you are talking about... If it's for the alternator, then I should have that section still on the 96. The Renix motors use a different alternator harness anyway. Give me some more specifics on how much of it you need and I'm sure I can get it for you.

My 91 MJ's grey dash is cracked and faded.

Let me know if yours is in good shape, and willing to ship.

I'm in Southern California 91790

Thanks,
Russ

Back