• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sudden Lack of Power

Yeah it is; but it wasn’t that hard to get to. I did not have to drop the tank to do it took all of an hour. It was a trip, I did not think that it would be it but it was. I was having a hard time starting due to loss of pressure in the fuel lines. I replaced all the o-rings on the injectors thinking that would be it, but it was not. I read a lot of post on here and thought of checking out the fuel pump. When I took, it off I was very surprised to find that the rubber hose was all gummy and cracked; and as I was taking it out of the tank it split in two. I replaced it and now it holds the pressure and start right away. I worked for me and only cost me 10 bucks, 6 bucks for 3 bucks for the hose.. The rest was tax. Hope this works for you.

I went and baught a new gauge, i didn't my buddy's wasn't constant but it was close and usually around 29. My new gauge is 20 constant, so now I am zeroed in on the fuel pump. Also, after blocking off the EGR valve the started up and shut off a lot easier, no more diesleing. I'll get started on that tomorrow and replace the EGR valve, hopefully problem solved. I'm getting ready to go to a rodeo, so it's gonna have to wait. Yee-haw.

No Rodeo for me but A Antique steam power show. I got to get my 47 Oliver ready.

77oliver.jpg

I've had people bring "other" fuel filter brands in that were clogged due to crappy gas. (they were less than a week old too!)

Well the Rodeo turned out to be awesome. George Straight was there whatching his sun Bubba ride in the rodeo. And I completly forgot that i am driving up into seatle tomorrow to do some Fire Department training, it's an overnighter so my fuel pump is gonna have to wait a couple more days. :( that just bummed me out.

Could be the reg sticking open (drops pressure) I'd put a can of 44K in and see if the $20 miracle cure works for you! I get 307 miles on a 15.25 gallon fill (average over 5 tanks now) in a 230,000 mile Comanche with 4.0L, BA 10/5, 3.73 gears (D30 front and D35 rear) on 33" tires (no tcase yet as the 4x4 conversion ain't quite done yet)

Here is the scoop. I pulled the fuel pump. As is was comming out, the rubber hose that connects two metal tubes pops off of the upper half. The metal clamp holding it wasn't tight enough, so I am thinking... maybe that could be the cause of lack of pressure? what do you think... it would save me buying a new pump.

Sure worth a try, that thing puts out 39 psi when you first turn the key on.
It has to be high pressure fuel hose and tight.

Oh and get a new hose, that one is shot, make sure it says fuel injection hose on it.

Last edited:
Back