• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Subwoofer addition to overpacked XJ

Have you looked at the Bazooka Tubes? They have an amplified one that sounds great. I can't remember the price, but I think Crutchfield carries them. I had an unpowered one that I hooked to an amp and it was great. I think they run a 6" or an 8", but I can't remember. Might be worth checking out.

Tony

awt28 said:
Have you looked at the Bazooka Tubes? They have an amplified one that sounds great. I can't remember the price, but I think Crutchfield carries them. I had an unpowered one that I hooked to an amp and it was great. I think they run a 6" or an 8", but I can't remember. Might be worth checking out.

Tony
I have a self powered 8" bazzoka in my DD XJ and it sounds pretty damn good for the 90 bucks i paid for it at Circut City. and before any one starts the flame thrower I have a lot of experience in car audio haveing built may systems in alot of cars. I had planed on sealing up the area in the back but the tube was fast and easy and will compliment the 5 1/4s very nicely.

Steve, I had an 8" woofer built into that indented space in the rear passenger side, with a cloth grate built to cover it. It matched the interior color, didn't take up any room, and worked very well with good quality 5.25" speakers in the stock four locations. I also had tweeters put behind the grills on the lower dash on each side right next to the doors. I had a seperate amp for the bass, but it was a small one.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and tips.

I know I can't power a sub off the head unit, which is why I am looking at the Basslink, SRV-303, and wOOx set up as they run line level in and are self-powered. The Basslink runs 200W to a pair of 10" speakers (one active and one passive), while the Clarion is 120W to one 7" sub, and the wOOx is 60W to one 5.25 and a passive 6.5. Small is good if you ever see how I pack for trips, so a truck box or other mid to large box is not an option. I have thought of building a box within the cubby to the pass side but I always seem to find a good use for that space when packing.
I am leaning towards the Basslink at this time. I plan to build a rear cargo storage area in the near future, so the sub may wait until then.

Thanks again everyone,

Bones :skull1:

Back