• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Subway Surprise

ECKSJAY said:
Why coddle? 'Polite' notes only leave things to interpretation. Worried about hurting someone's feelings? :cry: Wouldn't that detract from the POINT?
As A business owner, you have to be somewhat concerned with your customers' "feelings". If you get enough whiny douches banding together, they could bring unwanted negative attention to your business. Not saying it'd be the end of the world, but a certain level of politeness and courtesy tends to garner a better reaction. let's face it, a lot of douchebags buy sandwiches, you piss them all off, you ain't selling as many sandwiches, cuts into the bottom line and all.

I would say EAT A DICK, I am going to Penn Station. I am hardly ever on the phone when i am ordering food but if i get an important phone call when i am ordering. I am gonna answer it enough said. I think the guy is just tired of teenage girls coming in in droves at lunch and every damn one of them has a Cell phone now-a-days WTF is up with that. He would get a 2 finger salute as I am walking out the door :D :D :D

LR_2000_XJ said:
I remember saying it didn't work the first time on my end so I posted a "bump" by itself and then it worked. It was not concidered "repeatedly", as that would be over and over and over again, which I didn't. As for knowing what my wife would like before hand, I had mentioned that no one could assume I go to subway alot, and it had been years since the last time, so not knowing what she likes there was understandale. However she has gone there and usually ordered for me since I only like one sandwich there, making it very easy for her, only she likes to try everything and never has the same thing there, making it harder for me.

I truely didn't mean to get out of hand with the subject, I only get fired up when attacks on me are fueled by assumptions of my life by those who don't know me at all and don't take the time to get to know me in the first place. But then again, I do make it hard for most to want to know me, like I said before, I recall. So on that note, I appoligize to all who are offended by my condition, though I rarely use my problems as an excuse, I was just trying to explain why I got that way, only I had plenty of fuel for the fire inside yesterday, so it came out in the wrong way. For example, I didn't mean to sound like I was threatening anyone, it was just how my mind somertimes sees the world when mad and what good is in me fights that alot, enough to never act on what I see myself doing in my mind. Like I said before, also, this is why I wish I was dead at times because I get stupid when angry and get in a rage. So for that MY BAD.
Not to prolong this, but twice is considered repeatedly. Maybe I'm just extra cool ;) but I know what my wife likes in general so going to Subway, Quiznos, Schlotzsky's, or wherever I can figure out something she'll like and I've been pretty accurate.
By no means am I offended by your condition, just that you seemed to use it as an excuse to act however you wanted to yesterday.

P.S. Relax, we fling poo at everybody around here...;)

FlexdXJ said:
I would say EAT A DICK, I am going to Penn Station. I am hardly ever on the phone when i am ordering food but if i get an important phone call when i am ordering. I am gonna answer it enough said. I think the guy is just tired of teenage girls coming in in droves at lunch and every damn one of them has a Cell phone now-a-days WTF is up with that. He would get a 2 finger salute as I am walking out the door :D :D :D
If you want to answer the phone go ahead, but be prepared for your oreder to get messed up or to be asked to get off the phone. If you've never worked in the service industry, there's nothing more annoying than dealing with someone on their phone. I had a guy answer a phone call in the middle of a rental and left me standing there for a good 30 minutes. Luckily it was a delivery to the dealership and I had no one waiting. I tried everything I could think of, short of ripping the phone off his head, and he casually ignored me. I'd have a line in front of me at the counter and the customer in front of me would answer the phone and sit there talking while I wait. She'd eventually wave her hand as in, "Carry on" and I would politely inform her that we weren't finished with everything I need your attention please. She'd then say she had to go and give me a look. But every person behind her was burnin holes in the back of her head...

fubar XJ said:
You're not really black, are you?
Yes, I am...half-way...maybe that's why I pay attention to what my wife likes, because I'm only half. :D

LR_2000_XJ said:
Now this is not needed...
It sure is! If that antenna were to get mounted crooked it would bug the living snot out of me for as long as I have the XJ. However, Wolfmother would be an acceptable substitute for the Judas Priest.
:greensmok

Bent said:
It sure is! If that antenna were to get mounted crooked it would bug the living snot out of me for as long as I have the XJ. However, Wolfmother would be an acceptable substitute for the Judas Priest.
My help there had nothing to do with perfectly centering antennas. I guess I fail to understand your attempt to make a point on this thread at my attempt to helping others on another thread.

Last edited:
fubar XJ said:
As A business owner, you have to be somewhat concerned with your customers' "feelings". If you get enough whiny douches banding together, they could bring unwanted negative attention to your business. Not saying it'd be the end of the world, but a certain level of politeness and courtesy tends to garner a better reaction. let's face it, a lot of douchebags buy sandwiches, you piss them all off, you ain't selling as many sandwiches, cuts into the bottom line and all.

Have you ever dealt with the general public? :)

Calm down there LR, not everything in this thread is about you.

Bent said:

Not that you're OCD or anything...

Wow, nice thread. I agree with banning phones in line while ordering, but also agree that there could be exceptions to the rule if no one else is in line and bussiness in slow for the sake of getting an order straight. But to go crazy and bazerk on people over opinions I don't agree on. There are many rules and policies everywhere that some may not like, but I don't see everyone taking them personnaly in reality like has happened here. Way back, in my first job, was at a donut shop, and not everybody had cells then, but those who did were the worst kind of customers for me, as they would get frustrated as I would help the next person while they talked on the phone and distract themselves on figuring what they wanted. Since then, I never worked at a food service, fake a smile all day long job again.

Rev Den said:
to bad he did not take an English course.

I speak on my cell phone, what the hell does he think I do with it?

Rev

I'm sure there's some pretty interesting video on red tube about cell phone use.

Maybe that's what he's thinkin'.

Back