• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stuckfest 2009--Evan's 11-21-09

mud1059

NAXJA Forum User
I had to leave with Tim, Brandon and someone else up there with a busted longshaft on 198. Odds are it's a long night for them. Wish I coulda stuck around, but my front end was clunking and clanking up a storm. I just wanna make sure those guys get off the hill. If not, I'm headed back in the AM. When someone can confirm this, please post up.

P.S. We can use this as the picture thread, but I don't have any...like always :)

well a guy broke his longside shaft then lost his brakes then lost all the fluid in his tranny so he had zero wheel drive. it was very interesting but we all made it out in one piece

How exactly did all of that happen to one guy? Running trails he shouldn't have, unprepped rig, or just pure bad luck?

~Scott

There was a lot of underpreparedness (I think I just made that word up) and underestimating by almost everyone. One hell of a turn out tho!

How exactly did all of that happen to one guy? Running trails he shouldn't have, unprepped rig, or just pure bad luck?

~Scott

Luck has never really been on my side since I have been wheeling:eyes:..

Evans Creek n me dont get along so well... I was very foolish on going up there with my "crutched" trannyline... fixxing that tomarow... as for the brake issue... ABS suck!! plain n simple... But We all got back down to the bottom and I fixxed the Tranny return line and drove home...

Hey guys just wanted to say we made it to cle elum just fine. Me and the wife had a blast and cant wait to move over there. We got along great with everyone and had a awesome time, (Even though my xj has 4 new beauty marks) cant wait to get together again, House party at our place when we move in! Oh and thanks to all of you who kept mentioning that i needed lockers, the wife kept asking me about them on the way out, i think she sees what an asset they are now.

Hey guys just wanted to say we made it to cle elum just fine. Me and the wife had a blast and cant wait to move over there. We got along great with everyone and had a awesome time, (Even though my xj has 4 new beauty marks) cant wait to get together again, House party at our place when we move in! Oh and thanks to all of you who kept mentioning that i needed lockers, the wife kept asking me about them on the way out, i think she sees what an asset they are now.

Right on man... Was cool chatting with the 2 of you.. stay in touch...:cheers:

Just glad u had an good time even though it was an very long day and u got your first trail lovin` on that 2000 XJ And lockers does do wonders. It was an lot of pullin an winchin people. But i sure do love to pull people up shit. LOL

Last edited:
Yeah we will definitely, sorry we couldn't give you guys a hand with the axle. we had to get back since grandma was watching the kids, i never leave someone on the trail but i knew you had plenty of hands. You guys are good peeps man! Looking forward to the next run. :yelclap:

th_Picture001-7.jpg
th_Picture002-7.jpg
th_Picture003-4.jpg
th_Picture005-3.jpg
th_Picture006-2.jpg
th_Picture007-2.jpg
th_Picture009-3.jpg
th_Picture010-3.jpg
th_Picture011-2.jpg
th_Picture015-2.jpg
I wanna see the pictures that that Hot Blonde took. I believe she got some good shots

Wow looks like quite the turn out.

~Scott

Thanks for blowning all those pictures up and Thanks for bringing that spare 35 too. It was good too meet "most" of you and we`ll have to do it again

Believe me...that wasn't anywhere near the majority of us who roam on here. In fact I personally only recognized a few Jeeps in the pics, and I've wheeled with probably a couple dozen guys from this site.

Just wait till NWFest '10. :thumbup:

~Scott

you have no idea how excited i am to finally make it to NWfest this year! does anyone know where it is going to be held at this year?

NWfest this year! does anyone know where it is going to be held at this year?

I'd expect a thread in the next few weeks starting discussions about where to have it next year.

NWFest, what is this? Havent heard of it.

NWFest is the NW chapter's big yearly event. It will be held in Oregon or Washington, last for several days, and be a good time. Sometimes there is even fireside sweatpants dancing.

Back