• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stuck Caliper, fixes??

Can't tell if those are the right thread size due to advance auto's site being terrible. Just make sure they are 3/8-24 thread size (it will say on the back of the package at the top) and they will fit. They will also fit the rear ZJ calipers if you grind about half a mm off the caliper face where they screw in. Not sure what size fits the rear XJ cylinders because there seem to be two different bleeder thread sizes depending on what company made your cylinders, some aftermarket companies are different while some others are the same as stock (don't know either size but it isn't 3/8-24.)

OK i am obviously doing something wrong.

I replaced both the caliper and the rubber hose, i then hooked up a speed bleeder and bled until fresh fluid came out. Brake pedal went to the floor. hmm...OK, put speed bleeder on other side, and bleed that side the same way. pedal went to the floor still.

Do i have to bleed the rears also? I thought they were on a different circuit.
What am i missing here?
Is it possible i unscrewed the speed bleeder to much, and air got in?

New caliper and cable:
P3080145.jpg

did the bleeder mount on the top or bottom of the caliper? It's possible to install the caliper upside down (bleeder at bottom) and you'll never get the air out that way.

did the bleeder mount on the top or bottom of the caliper? It's possible to install the caliper upside down (bleeder at bottom) and you'll never get the air out that way.

no sh*t. the bleeder is BELOW the the rubber hose going into the caliper, and on the other side (OEM) the bleeder is ABOVE the rubbe hose going into the caliper.

I would assume i installed the caliper upside down, i will have to look at it tomorrow?

To me i think i put the wron side on, I can't see how you can install it upside down.

Last edited:
Either you bought the wrong side caliper or the parts store gave you the wrong side.

Easy mistake to make, nearly did this while replacing the calipers on my MJ during the axle swap I did. Fortunately I caught it while tightening down the first banjo bolt :gee:

you should have received a Cardone number 18-4339-- if they don't carry Cardone (and that actually looks like a Fenco product), they should have the ability to cross that number to what they carry.

Back