• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker with out removing engine

Thanks for the confidence biulder. Yes I have rebiult other engines (dodge V8s) I have never had a poblem getting pistons out and have also in a pinch put them in from the bottom, but was wondering if this was posable with the 4.0. Thanks for the real answers and it sounds like I will go ahead and pull it then biuld. It's not that I can not do it the long way, but I usualy like to to the shortest path to get somewere.

I pull my head with the intake and exhaust manifold still attached. Its easier to take out those pesky bolts on the bench. But I put the head on the block while it was on the engine stand, then intake and exhaust manifolds. It cuts a corner while your tearing the motor out. But why not just pull it all out with the cherry picker and disassemble on the engine stand.

It may seem like it would be easier to work on the motor in the engine bay but it really isn't dropping the pan is a pain in the butt with it still in the jeep. Trying to not drop a crank on my face would be even more of a pain.

Pull it, you will want to inspect it anyways and get it cleaned up.

Why do you want to do it in the engine bay anyways?

Hodge

Back