• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Street Jeepers welcome on Mod Tech?

Are street-modified Jeepers questions welcome here?

• Welcome them onto Mod Tech with open arms

Votes: 46 51.1%
  • Activate a seperate forum for Street XJ/MJ mods

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Banish them to the hottest corner of hell for 'ruining' their Jeep

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters
This is a really old, but good thread. There are now so many things that do cross over. So far my XJ has been a "street machine" only seeing light off-roading every once in a while. Eventually it will be set up for multipurpose use as my DD, but until I lift it beyond the budget boost I have now, I would consider all the stuff I've done "street" oriented. I've got the performance headers, cat back kit, amber fog lights, a "small" 1000 watt stereo, and tons of other things changed.

But with all that stuff and my 225x75 R15s, I still consider it a street vehicle. It can kick the a** of most of the people around where I live. They think their foreign car that they slapped some cosmetic stuff on is better than some old Cherokee with scratched up paint, until they're left at a stop light since they had no low end to accelerate with (thank you 4.0!).

Once I put on the TJ flares I've got waiting, the larger tires I want, and the lift that inchitis is telling me to get, then it will be putting my mods to good use as more than just some street jeep. And that stereo is going to be one of the best mods in my opinion. I love music, so being able to hear it over some nice aggressive tires on the way to a trail is a great bonus. Besides, knowing that with one flick of a switch I can show up the little punk in the car next to me who thinks his hatchback has great bass is a great thing!

So yeah, crossover tech is a good thing-
But thats just my $.02.
:lecture:

I think it would be a good idea to start a "modifications forum" or something like that. That way anyone who has done any modifications can post into that. On the other hand, maybe there should also be an OEM tech forum, and just limit it to posts related to anything stock or relatively unmodified. Oh, and while we're on this topic, what about a "picture forum" just to post pictures of stuff we have, that way it would not eat up bandwidth of users who are looking for information. And actually, since we all have opinions on land usage, maybe a "land use forum" too? And, what about including an "off-topic forum" so that folks can just chat about whatever they want. Since Naxja is a club, maybe it would be good to have members only forums for the members and probably might be a good idea to include forums for each of the chapters while they're at it. Informal and formal event forums would be a good idea too, just for posting about events. Oh, and it might be a good idea to have a "for sale forum" for people to post things for sale. I would also like to see a "vendors forum" for people who have actual products they wish to market. It might also be nice to have a "user support forum" or something to help out people who want to learn how to use this site. Maybe a "tester forum" too in case someone wants to test out code or posts to see them before trying it in the real forums? I can't really think of anything else. Does anyone else have any ideas?

5-90 said:

someone's been snooping the aaarchiiiiives....... shouldnt you be writing a book or something? or are you including a chapter on resurrecting the dead?? :sunshine:

however this is a good thread that shows how a good discussion can have a positive outcome....

Personally I feel this is a pole that deals with NAXJA decisions and should be held in the members area where paying NAXJA members make the decisions on what NAXJA has or has not

Fullsizexj said:
Personally I feel this is a pole that deals with NAXJA decisions and should be held in the members area where paying NAXJA members make the decisions on what NAXJA has or has not

LOL Richard... look at the date of the original poll! It's another 'back from the dead' thread.

daytripper said:
No problem, look at Rich in NewYork with his blown 2.8 street XJ. He was always here and got no flack (just friendly fire). Besides we ended up turning him into an offroader anyway!

Friendly Fire.
Ahhhhh....memories.
:kissyou:

information...a mod is a mod...cross pollenates.
IMHO
i think jeepspeed would be a better use of 2wd xj's, but then again BMW uses a fairly punchy straight six...so maybe some street mods will carry over in the horses dept... i mean XJ's are why we are here, and most of them are DD so they do see a fair amount of street...dead horse? LOL. just realised this is old hat...sorry.

Last edited:
Back