• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strange brake question.

cykaaro

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I did my drum brakes for the first time, and all is well. Put in new adjusters and springs while I was at it. Strange thing I found was that neither adjust kit was the right on. Seems my brakes are some strange hi-bred of some sort. The wire cable inside was about 2" longer, and the metal piece that goes with the adjuster was totally wrong. As well, my brake shoes are 2 1/2" but the kit I had to use was for 2 1/4".

Anyways, I've noticed tow things happening. Firstly, I do the reverse/brake to adjust them, and they seem fine. Then when I start the jeep agian, they brake pedal doesnt feel as 'hard' as I like it to feel, Then if I do it again, it'll return to the 'hardness' feel again. Anyone know why this might be? I just really hate my brake pedal feeling too soft to me.

Secondly, this I've noticed before, but found out what is exactly happening now. WHen I'm driving and my stereo deck is in, I get like a low volume electrical sound. Not quite feed back, but like some kind of loine noise or something. When I press the brake pedal, it goes away. If the stereo face plate is off, it doesn't do it at all. What's causing this? Do I need a line filter for it? and if so what wires do I put it on?

TIA

Back