• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stolen Snowmoblile trailer-Bruce Crossing, MI

Jeff 98XJ WI

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. I know it’s a long shot, but please keep your eyes and ears open to any word of a stolen snowmobile trailer and utilize any contacts you can think of to see if its whereabouts can be determined. I had my trailer backed into a snow bank just off Hwy 45 North of Bruce Crossing MI on the south end of military hill along with a couple other trucks and trailers. This is right along the highway AND the snowmobile trail. We stayed the weekend at my wife's uncles cabin and the vehicles were fine till about 4pm when everyone left except my friend and I. We put our gear in the truck and went for what was supposed to be a short snowmobile jaunt down to where the Ontonogan river crosses the highway. Well, the trail was real nice, so we continued north and made a loop around by Mass City before returning to my truck at about 5pm. When we got there, my trailer was missing!!!

From what we can gather, someone pulled in with an old rusty steel trailer, unloaded a snowmobile, drove it around the snow bank and loaded it on my trailer. They flipped their old rusty trailer upside down and tossed it into the snowbank before unhooking my trailer from my truck, swinging it around and out of the snowbank and hooking it up to their truck. It appears that they then headed south on hwy 45 towards Bruce Crossing. I called 911 and a trooper from Wakefield appeared about a half an hour later. He took all my inf. including the serial number of the trailer and a full description, but I doubt they are going to spend too much time or energy looking for it.

The trailer is a 2000 Neuman Mfg Sled Bed V-nose Tilt 10’ bed. The V had a plywood salt shield bolted on. The wiring had been redone by me using a heavy 5 conductor rubber covered cable coming out the side of the tongue and terminating in a vehicle style 7 pin plastic RV type wiring connector which was taped to the tongue using black electrical tape. I use a double ended jumper between the 7 pin connector on the Jeep and the 7 pin connector on the trailer. The thieves left my jumper connected to the Jeep so they were most likely running without lights. The safety cables were extended with short sections of chain to accommodate my dropped hitch. I do have the registration number, but it is on a sticker on the trailer which can be removed.

The trailer they left was rusty steel and probably home made. It had a deck of red boards and was not wide enough for two modern snowmobiles. It was too heavy to have been flipped over by one person. It did not appear to ever have had a license on it which Michigan requires, so we think it was probably from WI or a different state. Since it was kind of a junker trailer, I theorize that the person is not from too far away.

Any suggestions? Jeff

Aint that grand, the homeowners "insurance company" says it is not covered away from the home. The auto policy only covers liability...like if it came loose and hit someone elses car. I apparently don't have a leg to stand on. I'm out $1000 and some asshole is living life grand. I hope they get killed by the damn thing. :flamemad: Jeff

Back