• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stolen lic plate....again

JP_in_STL said:
As to the pressure sensitive materials used, the thiefs can outsmart that. They just tape over the tag with clear tape and peel it right off. You can cover it with Lexan, a frame, whatever and if they really want it they'll get it. I've seen plates still on the car with a chunk missing from the middle where they cut it out with tin snips.
- JP

hahaha imagine their surprise when they figure out the tailgate is made of fiberglass :rolleyes:

5-90, cool idea, I'll look into it. Nope don't live in or near East StL...well about 30-45 mins from it. Your right tho, it aint a nice area! Fun maybe, nice no. as for contacting our local legislators...might has well hold my breath. They do things like hold a public meeting with the doors locked so you can't get in, vote themselves contracts for jobs, smile, nod and ignore you. We have two small stores in town, one of which sells cigs and alcohol to kids. Every one in town knows it but neither the city council nor the cops will do anything bout it. Small town crap.

JP, I'm in the Valley Park area. Our cops have no desire to patrol our section of town. We see them when revenue gets low and they come ticket all the same damn broke down cars again. Or driving thru to go to Kirkwood to shoot the shit with the Kirkwood cops. And they don't seem too fond of motorcycle riding folks. We've been talking bout South City but it'll be a while. Altho as a sewer and drain tech I can tell ya parts of South City after dark aint very nice either. Pulled a shotgun stock outa a drain down that way. My second one...the other was down in the city. Have a friend who is positive he cabled over a pistol or something. Cabling along, heard a loud boom but nothing else. When he pulled the cable back his blades where missing a big chunk with a nice neat 1/2 circle showing.

Sarge

bchulett said:
Outsmart? LOL. I guess our thiefs in California aren't dumb enough to just steal tags ... they take the whole vehicle with your kids in it---then ask for ransom.

Aint that the truth......

Sarge said:
Would love to rig a claymore (as a former Marine of 13 years it appeals BIG time!)
You can take the Jarhead outta the Corps, but you can't take the Corps outta the Jarhead. Semper Fi, bro.

Back